Not A Great Haven Cabin Location

Laszlo

Getaway Haven Spa Balcony 14140

Let me start out by the actually cabin was great. The location was not so great. Complaints from us and cabins ahead and behind us. We were right across from the forward service elevators the crew uses. My mistake for not looking at the deck plan. The main issue was between 7am-noon and then about 6pm-10pm. Their was a constance use of the door, every time the door closed it slammed.... like someone leaving their balcony wide open and then opening their cabin door and having being blown shut by the wind. I was told the safety latch (soft close) on the door was broken and it had been for a while. It was "fixed" the second to the last day on the cruise, the next day it was broken again. Our location also seemed to be a hub for parking carts, from room stewards to the butler. Often their was very little room to squeeze between our cabin door to walk around the carts. I joked to our butler and said if their was a fire in our cabin I would get out faster by leaping off the balcony instead of going out the cabin door. The cart location was changed for about two days, then they were back. Hopefully this not the norm, unfortunately the 8 Haven Spa Balconies are in the same area, right next to the service area. We heard complaints about the noise from both sides of the ship. I get it, its a design flaw of the ship, skinny hallways and nowhere to put carts. Maybe we just had bad 12 day period?

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 9.15.29 AM.png

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Could someone have put on some of those rubber things to reduce the "clang" sound? The rubber on rubber would make more of a "thud" sound instead of the irritating metal on metal sound. 

You would think it would have been as simply as that

thanks for the info- we're staying in 14736 on the other side of the ship- end of March, here's hoping the soft close is fixed. We just realized we're under the fitness room (think it's the treadmill equip) anyone have any experience staying under it? It was the last Spa Haven room when we upgraded- and were too excited for the Haven to think of it- but we were down under the pool area last cruise & found the chlorine odor from the maintenance room more annoying than the occasional sound of the deck chairs being moved in the morning.  Also Is there an elevator that goes to the 17 floor - Haven sun deck? (hubby has some mobility issues and really doesn't do stairs well) 

thanks again for the info