Onboard Discovery Princess

avalon1025

On 2/22/2023 at 7:03 AM, billco said:

This is a 5 day cruise out of LA with school out. Lots of families. Much different vibe than standard Princess cruise. 

We were on this same cruise.  We did notice lots of kids but we expected that for the time frame we chose to sail.  Great cruise with no real complaints.

On 2/22/2023 at 9:47 AM, jeromep said:

Spoken like a true northwesterner.  I'm Northwest Profile #56, Sandals and Socks Guy.  See the below video.

I also interchange into my footwear routine Crocs and jeans.

I deal with dress codes at my office, so on my own time, I tend to be a lot more casual.

Before moving to the GREAT Northwest (Seattle area) I worked with a person who constantly wore socks and Birkenstocks. It certainly is a NW thing 🙂

On 2/21/2023 at 12:34 PM, avalon1025 said:

She’s a lovely ship,  beautiful decor and great crew.  She’s just too crowded.  Lines for everything, gym,  lunch, etc.  I’d love to sail this ship,  but with far less passengers. 

Not much chance of that happening since occupancy for cruise lines are still slightly below norms but are expected to be back to pre-covid norms by 2nd quarter.

I was on the same cruise as the OP. The internet connectivity was absolutely horrendous. I’m guessing the large number of guests (especially the younger crowd) had something to do with that.