Haven't cruised for a while; Crown & Anchor Question

Truluv

I see on my Crown & Anchor record that old cruises (2010 & earlier) are only showing 1 point now, instead of the 7, 9 etc. for the nights of the cruise.  Newer cruises do show the full points earned.  This must be old news since I haven't cruised for a while?  I've just booked a few cabins and our family will be cruising together for the first time since 2013.  My "kids" (now in 30s) are trying to understand their Crown & Anchor status and were disappointed to see "1s" for all the cruises they took as kids.

7 minutes ago, Truluv said:

I see on my Crown & Anchor record that old cruises (2010 & earlier) are only showing 1 point now, instead of the 7, 9 etc. for the nights of the cruise.  Newer cruises do show the full points earned.  This must be old news since I haven't cruised for a while?  I've just booked a few cabins and our family will be cruising together for the first time since 2013.  My "kids" (now in 30s) are trying to understand their Crown & Anchor status and were disappointed to see "1s" for all the cruises they took as kids.

The ones have been converted to 7 nights

26 minutes ago, Truluv said:

Look at their actual points total and if you add them up you will find they do not count as 1's but count as 7 instead with a few extra thrown in as a fudge factor

RC used to give 1 point for every cruise, despite length.

They changed it many years ago to give 1 point for every night. My guess is because the people taking 3-4 night cruise were gaining just as fast as the people taking 7 night cruises, but paying less overall. This could be a reason there are so many Diamond members as well. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Truluv said:

In January 2011 they changed to the current point system and cruises taken prior to then still show the old point amount on the list of prior cruises.  However they were recalculated using the current system and those points are reflected in your kid's C&A point total. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Truluv said:

Until Jan 1, 2003 it was 1 credit per cruise no matter the stateroom category or length of cruise.

After Jan 1, 2003, an extra credit was given for cruises of 12 days or longer.

After Jan 1, 2004, an extra credit was given for cruises in a JS or better.

Conversion 21.01.11

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the explanations!  My "kid" was whining about ONLY having 29 points (I'm close to Diamond Plus, thanks to some solo & JS bookings).  I pointed out that childhood cruises included some vacations on other cruiselines, and 29 points with RCL is still a decent number for 30 yrs old.  This is going to be my son-in-law's 1st cruise, and he has already bought dramamine LOL.  It might be a loooooong week.

• Haha 1