First time Crusing Royal - Package help

Chrisp2017

Morning All - This is the first time we are cruising with the Kids and Royal on the oasis of the sea. In the past, we sailed with NCL and stayed in the haven. We are booked for October 8th in a Loft suite. My question is based on the drink packages when we cruised on NCL it was included in the haven so did not put much thought into it. I purchased the package since the agent I booked with said it could increase. Price was 77$ a day and it actually did go up 5% to 83$ a day since booking. I am more of a beer drinking and I do not see any beer packages, do the prices ever tend to go down? I am getting mixed information on the suite lounge that they have a open bar for a few hours a day which would probably prove this package a waste since thats a option also. Anyone stay in the suites and have advice? I did like the peace of mind now having a drink bill leaving the ship but wanted some feedback since we can cancel it anytime. 

Thanks!

When in a grand suite or above, the concierge lounge does have an open bar from 5pm - 8pm each night.  At least on our cruise, you do not need to use vouchers or pay for any of those drinks.  On our last cruise, we always had dinner scheduled at 5:30 - we would go to the concierge lounge at 5pm and each of us would get a glass of wine and bring it to dinner.  It was really nice.  As far as I know, this is the only time you can get drinks from the suite lounge (3 hours/day).

42 minutes ago, Chrisp2017 said:

Morning All - This is the first time we are cruising with the Kids and Royal on the oasis of the sea. In the past, we sailed with NCL and stayed in the haven. We are booked for October 8th in a Loft suite. My question is based on the drink packages when we cruised on NCL it was included in the haven so did not put much thought into it. I purchased the package since the agent I booked with said it could increase. Price was 77$ a day and it actually did go up 5% to 83$ a day since booking. I am more of a beer drinking and I do not see any beer packages, do the prices ever tend to go down? I am getting mixed information on the suite lounge that they have a open bar for a few hours a day which would probably prove this package a waste since thats a option also. Anyone stay in the suites and have advice? I did like the peace of mind now having a drink bill leaving the ship but wanted some feedback since we can cancel it anytime. 

Thanks!

The bar in the Suite lounge is open from 11am to11PM and serves complimentary beer and wine and then mixed drinks available from 5-8pm at no charge.

If you drink mostly beer and are in a suite I definitely would not get the drink package

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3

On Oasis, the concierge lounge is open 11am - 11pm. Beer, wine and soda is available without additional charge throughout these hours. Liquor and mixed drinks are available during the 5-8pm happy hour. If you primarily drink beer, the package might be superfluous.

Since we are primarily wine drinkers, when we sailed Oasis in a grand suite, we stuck with what was available in the suite lounge and paid out of pocket when we were out and about/in the solarium/on the lido deck, etc. It worked out to be way less than what we would have had to spend on beverage pacakges.

As always, YMMV.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

When in a grand suite or above, the concierge lounge does have an open bar from 5pm - 8pm each night.  At least on our cruise, you do not need to use vouchers or pay for any of those drinks.  On our last cruise, we always had dinner scheduled at 5:30 - we would go to the concierge lounge at 5pm and each of us would get a glass of wine and bring it to dinner.  It was really nice.  As far as I know, this is the only time you can get drinks from the suite lounge (3 hours/day).

On Oasis class only the Suite lounge is open 11am to 11pm

You say Loft suite @Chrisp2017

which category?

RLS Royal loft Suite  (Star Class) Drink package included

SLS Star Loft Suite (Star Class) Drink package included 

CLS Crown Loft Suite (Sky Class) Drink package NOT included

As those that know Suite lounge is open for beer and wine 11am-11pm

for Star and Sky class passengers

No vouchers or coupons needed regardless of C&A status 

If in a Suite GS or above free beer and wine

Happy Days!

we will be abusing, I mean using Oasis lounge very soon 😉