Using OBC to pay for Shore Excursions

clojacks

We recently booked a cruise with Princess for the first time in many many years. We have a pretty healthy bank of OBC to use, and have started to line up Shore Excursions. The cruise is this coming August, and Final Payment is due in May. My question is can we book Shore excursions this far out and use our OBC to pay for it? We have been trying this morning and keep getting a message that says "there is an error with our request" to pay, and it tells us to call Princess. Any ideas if it is jst acting wonky and we should try again? We were on hold with Princess for almost an hour, and decided to hang up.

Best to call early in the morning as lines are less busy.  You have not explained what the OBC is from.  If it is a TA rebate of some sort - since you mentioned "healthy" - it may not be available until you board the ship.  Princess OBC can be used towards excursions ahead of the cruise.

43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Best to call early in the morning as lines are less busy.  You have not explained what the OBC is from.  If it is a TA rebate of some sort - since you mentioned "healthy" - it may not be available until you board the ship.  Princess OBC can be used towards excursions ahead of the cruise.

Sorry, we have both refundable and non-refundable. We easily have enough from Princess to pay for the excursions. I don’t know if their website just isn’t cooperating, or what is up. They did do a call back to us, but we couldn’t hear anybody on the other end. So we had to call back again.

Any OBC that shows under the "Payments" section of the Personalizer can be used to book shore excursions in advance. People have reported problems with the Princess site today so that may be your issue.

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Any OBC that shows under the "Payments" section of the Personalizer can be used to book shore excursions in advance. People have reported problems with the Princess site today so that may be your issue.

It was the issue. After waiting a couple of hours, I logged back in and was able to complete the reservation. 

• Like 1

Probably it is a wonky site right now.  We have booked excursions over a year out using our OBC.  Sometimes DH has had more OBC than I had and we have had to call the Princess Excursion section to have them move enough of his OBC to cover the excursion for me.