Carnival Legend Aft View Extended Balcony

dolphinsfan246

I’ve recently accepted an upgrade offer from a regular balcony cabin to an aft view extended on Carnival Legend. For years I’ve seen people rave about them and have always wanted to give it a try but never have. Could the Aft view fans tell me what they love so much about them? I’m very excited to see what the hype is about. 

I'm the opposite - not a fan. I had always read such great things and then I booked one on the Mardi Gras. It was so hot with no shade or breeze that we couldn't enjoy the space at all. I guess it would be great for an Alaska cruise, but definitely will not be booking one again for the Caribbean.  

• 6 months later...

My favorite is the aft view and aft corner on deck 4 because they are covered.  Deck 8 may be covered, too...not sure.  We had an aft balcony connected to the Vista suite on the Pride in 2022 and will have the same cabins on the Legend in May/June 2024 on a cruise. The vista suite is really big on this class of ship. IMO, it is the best suite on any ship other than Captain's suites or the aft corner balcony on Mardi Gras/Celebration/Jubilee.  Except for floor 5, the Vista suites have separate living rooms and bedrooms which is really nice.

Reason I like them:
1. Tends to be quieter at the back of the boat. There is very little through traffic.

2. You are also close to the MDR, the buffet and the serenity (just an elevator ride or up or down a couple of floors) since all are located towards the rear of the ship.  

3. Love the view. You can see both sides of the horizon: sunrise and sunset.  You can see fully where you have come from and not only "one side" if you are doing scenic cruising. I also find it relaxing to sit and watch the wake behind the boat.

4. On some decks, you are near the laundry room. 

5. They are significantly deeper than a regular balcony...enough so that I think you can put a lounger on them. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 3:21 PM, dolphinsfan246 said:

I’ve recently accepted an upgrade offer from a regular balcony cabin to an aft view extended on Carnival Legend. For years I’ve seen people rave about them and have always wanted to give it a try but never have. Could the Aft view fans tell me what they love so much about them? I’m very excited to see what the hype is about. 

We had 5297 several years ago - loved it.  The folks on the wrap around rarely came to the aft, so is was very quiet.  And we had no soot.  We did have very little airflow, but we cruised in November - it was absolutely perfect for us.  Great choice!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 6:55 AM, Eli_6 said:

My favorite is the aft view and aft corner on deck 4 because they are covered.  Deck 8 may be covered, too...not sure.  We had an aft balcony connected to the Vista suite on the Pride in 2022 and will have the same cabins on the Legend in May/June 2024 on a cruise. The vista suite is really big on this class of ship. IMO, it is the best suite on any ship other than Captain's suites or the aft corner balcony on Mardi Gras/Celebration/Jubilee.  Except for floor 5, the Vista suites have separate living rooms and bedrooms which is really nice.

Reason I like them:
1. Tends to be quieter at the back of the boat. There is very little through traffic.

2. You are also close to the MDR, the buffet and the serenity (just an elevator ride or up or down a couple of floors) since all are located towards the rear of the ship.  

3. Love the view. You can see both sides of the horizon: sunrise and sunset.  You can see fully where you have come from and not only "one side" if you are doing scenic cruising. I also find it relaxing to sit and watch the wake behind the boat.

4. On some decks, you are near the laundry room. 

5. They are significantly deeper than a regular balcony...enough so that I think you can put a lounger on them. 

Agree, we have sailed in Suite 8273 on the Legend, Miracle, Spirit, and Pride. The Vista suite is the awesome.