QE Excursion List from 2022 Barcelona to Australia?

alibabacruisers

Does anyone from the QE 2022 Barcelona to Australia cruise have the list of excursions from Safaga/Luxor, Oman, Singapore and Bali please?  We will be on QE this October for the similar cruise, and we are trying to get an idea of what Cunard might possibly offer so we can do further research.  We would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can lend!  Do they still send out excursion booklets anymore or is it only online?

Thanking you in advance!

We were on that cruise as far as Singapore 

Chania - Greece - the town provided a bus for a few euros which took us right to the centre of town near the Venetian port. We walked down to the port. Highly recommend the museum there - really interesting for us Kiwis as they talk alot about the kiwi involvement in the liberation of Crete.  There was a charge but it was only a few euros. This was our first time on crete - next time we are staying for a week and hiring a car.  

There is nothing actually at the port - so you need to catch the bus or a taxi to get to  the actual town. The cruise tours when to various locations up in the hills but we were more than happy with the town itself - its fantastic 

Safaga /Luxor - we booked the ship's tour to Luxor - left at 6:30am retujrned about 9pm.  Its 4/5 hours each way.  Well worth doing . Don't buy the expensive water cunard will insist is necessary - the buses have unlimited cold water bottles for you. They also provide a snack box.  Safaga is an industrial port - you can't just walk off there. There were excursions to a nearby beach resort. Most of us went to Luxor - I counted about 20 buses. I'd been to Karnak and Valley of the Kings previously - but this trip was well worthwhile. Don't bother paying extra to go to Tutenkahmun tomb - many did - long line/ very underwhelming (he  died young - his tomb is not as fancy as many). The cruise tour includes the other tombs which are open on the day (they are  rotated to minimize damage) 

Oman/ Salalah - also an industrial port -you can't walk off from. We were there on a Friday so obviously the market was closed (which didn't stop Cunard selling the tour! ) Most tours were similar - we did the one to the blowholes and Job's tomb. The interesting bits were the camels just walking across the road - we got the driver to stop so we could get photos - the local guide was amazed we found this exotic LOL. The guides are pretty much amateur hour - but are  willing to be helpful.  They opened the national museum just for us (Friday usually closed) - it was well worth going to. I'm confident doing stuff independently - but  Salahal is worth a ship's tour. Those that got taxis to the (closed) market were charged up to about US$50 each way 

Singapore - they had the usual suspects - but here you can easily do your own thing - we've been many times - for first timers I strongly recommend taking the subway to Gardens by the Bay and expect to spend hours there.  The cruise terminal is about 15 min walk to the nearest subway (covered walkway) - you can use the system just by tapping on and off using a contactless card - it gives you all the discounts at it seems to work out to be $5/day (that was a 90 min trip to  Malaysian border and back) 

Hope this helps 

• Like 2

Thank you Lissie!

Wonky, we are on 30 Oct - 3 Dec Barcelona to Melbourne and the only ones showing are the first port of Heraklion; which cruise are you on?  There is a roll call titled "QE Barcelona to Fremantle Oct 23" but there is not much activity there still.

9 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

Thank you Lissie!

Wonky, we are on 30 Oct - 3 Dec Barcelona to Melbourne and the only ones showing are the first port of Heraklion; which cruise are you on?  There is a roll call titled "QE Barcelona to Fremantle Oct 23" but there is not much activity there still.

We are doing the week round the med first then get off in Singapore. We were planning on doing what you’re doing in ‘24 but alas she is in Alaska for ages.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 4:04 PM, alibabacruisers said:

Oh, thank you for letting me know.  I hope they come out soon so we can plan and get even more excited about the cruise!

Just noticed Sri Lanka has just been added, still nothing for Luxor or Salalah.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I saw those yesterday and posted the info to our roll call.  It is strange that no Luxor excursions, but surely they will add some soon!?  They also added Fremantle/Perth and previously has some for Adelaide.  Love monitoring the progress towards our cruise!  Now at 179 days until we board....exciting!