Dinner Reservations and Evening Shows

ddame

We're booked to sail on Symphony of the Seas and have a 3 Specialty dining package. Are the week's show times listed on the app once we board or how do we know the time we booked for dinner at the Specialty dining venues won't conflict with the shows? There used to be 2 seatings per evening to accommodate the early and late diners, but I don't know how these big ships work these days. I'm hoping we can get all the entertainment info up front so we don't have wait for help to change our dining times should there be a show conflict. All tips on how to manage the dinner and shows are appreciated!

5 hours ago, ddame said:

Are the week's show times listed on the app once we board or how do we know the time we booked for dinner at the Specialty dining venues won't conflict with the shows?

You should be able to book the shows about a month out. Adjust your dining around those times.

Shows have been released around the 1st of the month, the month before the cruise.  We sail in March and ours were shown in the app and online cruise planner on Feb 1.  Make your reservations as early as possible as ours have been totally sold out for a bit already.  

11 hours ago, akcruz said:

Shows have been released around the 1st of the month, the month before the cruise.  We sail in March and ours were shown in the app and online cruise planner on Feb 1.  Make your reservations as early as possible as ours have been totally sold out for a bit already.  

Does it include the full schedule or just the ones requiring reservations? Thank you!

On 2/27/2023 at 8:54 AM, ddame said:

We're booked to sail on Symphony of the Seas and have a 3 Specialty dining package. Are the week's show times listed on the app once we board or how do we know the time we booked for dinner at the Specialty dining venues won't conflict with the shows? There used to be 2 seatings per evening to accommodate the early and late diners, but I don't know how these big ships work these days. I'm hoping we can get all the entertainment info up front so we don't have wait for help to change our dining times should there be a show conflict. All tips on how to manage the dinner and shows are appreciated!

Not sure if I’m reading your post right, so just checking - you do know you can’t book the restaurants before you board?

most of the main shows (aqua show, ice show, comedians) all require reservations. Best way to check the full schedule in advance, assuming the cruise before yours is the same itinerary, is to try and find the cruise compass for that and assume yours will be pretty much the same.