Terminal change for our cruise out of Miami

schmerl

10 minutes ago, schmerl said:

Just received an email saying we will now be leaving from Terminal B rather than J. Someone said it is more difficult to get to terminal B. Anyone have any recommendations?

How far out is your cruise? In late December I got a similar notification for a January cruise that was incorrect and we ended up at terminal J.  

Port of Miami is relatively easy to navigate, with good signage.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

How far out is your cruise? In late December I got a similar notification for a January cruise that was incorrect and we ended up at terminal J.  

Port of Miami is relatively easy to navigate, with good signage.  

Our cruise is this Thursday, March 2. Just three days away. 

• Like 1

Terminal J is ('was' for you I guess) a piece of cake to get to (by car)...1st and only on left as arriving, smallish, good signage, easy in.  Wasn't quite so easy to get out from for the unfamiliar, but as I drove down the road past the other terminals I saw how relatively easy it was to navigate to them and the good signage as mentioned by shepard really above.  Eventually I found my way out and back to MIA to drop the rental (when we were picked up by a professional driver after the cruise I saw how really easy it should have been). With Google maps on your phone, driving relatively slow and another set of eyes should be easy.  Have a great time.

Note: I was told that since business had rebounded they were no longer charging  "The fare between the Miami International Airport and Port Miami is a flat rate of $27.00."  Don't know the truth, but we were about the last to leave and our 'adjacent to the airport entrance hotel' was $55.

•  
  •  

21 hours ago, schmerl said:

Just received an email saying we will now be leaving from Terminal B rather than J. Someone said it is more difficult to get to terminal B. 

Just got our disembarking info end of cruise MARCH 2 TERMINAL B. Ending or 20 day Riviera cruise

Adding salt to the wound is the fact that we will return on 3.12.23 to TERMINAL J, according to the Miami Dock Report. For people driving to the port this is a royal pain to have to lug ourselves and our baggage from J to our car in B. Oh well, we will still definitely have a great time on board. 

1 minute ago, InsGuy3 said:

Adding salt to the wound is the fact that we will return on 3.12.23 to TERMINAL J, according to the Miami Dock Report. For people driving to the port this is a royal pain to have to lug ourselves and our baggage from J to our car in B. Oh well, we will still definitely have a great time on board. 

Maybe the trolley goes by B ??

Check the Coral Way trolley  it usually stops at J in the morning   when we have been waiting for  a taxi

https://www.miamigov.com/Transportation-Roadways/Trolley-Information/Trolley-Maps

We had an O cruise depart from J and return at another terminal a few years ago. They did have a free shuttle but it was a goat rodeo because everyone who drove needed to use the shuttle unless they wanted to have the driver walk a pretty far distance across the port to retrieve the car and then return for luggage and companions. 

Not fun, but more of an inconvenience than a real issue.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe the trolley goes by B ??

Check the Coral Way trolley  it usually stops at J in the morning   when we have been waiting for  a taxi

https://www.miamigov.com/Transportation-Roadways/Trolley-Information/Trolley-Maps

There are multiple ways to get from J to B. That’s not the point. The point is the extra hassle of having to do that!! Also, this must be a temporary situation since Sea Cloud Spirit is embarking on March 1 from Terminal J and Regent Navigator is embarking on March 6 from Terminal J per the Miami Dock Report.

2 minutes ago, Croooser said:

We had an O cruise depart from J and return at another terminal a few years ago. They did have a free shuttle but it was a goat rodeo because everyone who drove needed to use the shuttle unless they wanted to have the driver walk a pretty far distance across the port to retrieve the car and then return for luggage and companions. 

Not fun, but more of an inconvenience than a real issue.

Agreed. Not something you want to have to do after a wonderfully relaxing cruise. (Hopefully)!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

There are multiple ways to get from J to B. That’s not the point. The point is the extra hassle of having to do that!! Also, this must be a temporary situation since Sea Cloud Spirit is embarking on March 1 from Terminal J and Regent Navigator is embarking on March 6 from Terminal J per the Miami Dock Report.

Not  a problem for many that fly to the  port city

Yes inconvenient   but the trolley may be an option for some

When we drove  we would not part at the port   & just get off  near the end of the line ups

On Riviera yesterday they announced "maintenance work" would be performed at Terminal J, requiring disembarkation at B.  It is a larger terminal than J, so somewhat longer walk to exit.  But all went smoothly and Oceania had a number of shuttle buses lined up to take passengers back to the parking garage at J.

• Like 1