Meraviglia “extras” pricing

Blueunderneath

I’m a novice cruiser (about to go on my 2nd ever cruise, on Norwegian) and I am considering booking something on the Meraviglia out of NY. April of this year is a possibility or October/November. The low prices are enticing, but I’d love to find some more info on the “extras” that aren’t part of the fare— specialty dining packages, extra entertainment options, spa pass, drink packages etc. (I’m not a big drinker so chances are good I’d skip a beverage package anyway.) 

I’ll very likely be traveling solo and would probably go for a balcony cabin at the Fantastica level. Yesterday there were a few extremely low base fares (high $200’s- low $300’s) for a couple 7-8 day sailings, but today those have increased to $400 range. Still a very good deal but I wonder if there was a “sale” that just ended? I know there are always promotions, but it would be nice to know if whatever was available yesterday will come back around. TIA!

There are "extras" on every cruise line if you so choose to pay for them. Specialty dining on MSC is the cheapest I have seen but the food in the dining for us is so good (especially since the new menus) that we do not do specialty dining. Food is subjective though and it is all a matter of opinion. You should look at the menus and see if it is worth the extra money for you.

The Meraviglia has shows in the main theater that are free but they also have 2 shows in the Carousel lounge that are extra.  The shows are $12pp if you book before the cruise,  $18pp if you book on the ship.  They come with a premade drink (🤮).  I have read that if you have the specialty dining package then the price is $5 for the shows, no experience with that.  The shows are Rock Circus and Houdini and can be booked beforehand under the beverage packages in your MSC.  We went to both shows and did not like them at all.  We much preferred the free shows in the Broadway theater.

The Spa is very nice and it is $130pp on a 7 day cruise.  We were with friends so did not book it for the week this time but will next time. We had a 1 hour thermal spa deal through our Diamond benefits and loved it.  I do recommend the spa if you like that sort of thing.

We always book the "free drinks and wifi" package when booking on MSC.  It is very much worth it since it includes not only alcoholic drinks but coffees, sodas, water and other drinks.  The drinks to me are quite pricey on a cruise and it is nice not to worry about how much you are running your tab up.  

Hope this has helped.

• Like 1