new to rccl

richardAnn

good morning to all me and my lovely wife have been of 5 cruises before but all with carnival . we are both seniors i am 67 my wife is 73,we had a 5 day out of galveston booked and paid for it was suppose to leave on april 9 but my wife got really ill at the end of feb is still in the hospital as i write this. we decided to cancel the april cruise btw it was with princess.since we dont care for the atmosphere on carnival we chose rccl we booked on the voyager of the seas for april 1 2024.i have a couple of questions for those who have been on this ship. first we have a balcony room.is the price for the key worth it and does it reall get you on that much quicker.2nd wher on this ship can we go to get a good drink but in a quite atmoshere.i do plan on getting the drink pkg for us all help will be greatly appriciated.btw this cruise is out of galveston as well

57 minutes ago, richardAnn said:

is the price for the key worth it

Only if you really want/need an internet package and the cost of Key is about the same as the internet package. Don't get it for the couple of minutes it may gain you getting on board.

Read Voyager related threads via the drop-down menu on the main RCI page here at CC.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, richardAnn said:

good morning to all me and my lovely wife have been of 5 cruises before but all with carnival . we are both seniors I am 67 my wife is 73,we had a 5 day out of Galveston booked and paid for it was suppose to leave on April 9 but my wife got really ill at the end of Feb is still in the hospital as i write this. we decided to cancel the April cruise btw it was with princess. since we don't care for the atmosphere on carnival we chose RCCLwe booked on the voyager of the seas for April 1 2024.i have a couple of questions for those who have been on this ship. first we have a balcony room.is the price for the key worth it and does it really get you on that much quicker. 2nd where on this ship can we go to get a good drink but in a quite atmosphere do plan on getting the drink pkg for us all help will be greatly appreciated. btw this cruise is out of Galveston as well

I sincerely wish your wife a speedy recovery. I don't think that there is sufficient value to adding The Key to your reservation. I think that you should just go with the flow and enjoy your cruise versus trying to get return on the purchase of The Key. 

There are a lot of nice bars. We frequent Schooners because they usually have the type of music that appeals to us. 

Have a great cruise. Best wishes to your wife. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Only if you really want/need an internet package and the cost of Key is about the same as the internet package. Don't get it for the couple of minutes it may gain you getting on board.

Read Voyager related threads via the drop-down menu on the main RCI page here at CC.

thanks for your info it is helpful

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I sincerely wish your wife a speedy recovery. I don't think that there is sufficient value to adding The Key to your reservation. I think that you should just go with the flow and enjoy your cruise versus trying to get return on the purchase of The Key. 

There are a lot of nice bars. We frequent Schooners because they usually have the type of music that appeals to us. 

Have a great cruise. Best wishes to your wife. 

thanks for your kind words and the info from what i am seeing the cost of the key is not really worth it