Upgrading drink package pre-cruise

bhughey

I imagine all the eye-rolling at the subject line 🙂
A little context to my question - I am elite plus with X, so have a good bit of experience sailing Celebrity - however, my next cruise is a work trip (with a fairly large group) that was booked through an agency. We've been told we have the classic drink package and are welcome to upgrade to premium should we choose to do so. I see on the celebrity site that is says "upgrade beforehand and save 5%" - not a huge deal, but some of my coworkers would like to upgrade ahead of time. Question is - where can this be done online? Can this only be done through the travel agent because there is no info in my online booking that shows I (we) have the drink package. Thanks in avance!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BlueSkiesTX said:

I totally forgot we get a 15% discount on the upgrade! Thanks for asking this question and the response. We were waiting for a bigger sale than 9%.

When I did my upgrade a few months ago they gave me the 15% on top of the 9%. Not sure that always happens but good luck when you call. 

Ok, so the answer leads to another question - I usually prefer to book direct with x, but since this was done through a travel agent, will celebrity assist with the reservation or send me back to the agent fgror the drink package upgrade?

(and whoohoo for extra 15% off :))

Edited by bhughey

15 minutes ago, cbfb said:

When I did my upgrade a few months ago they gave me the 15% on top of the 9%. Not sure that always happens but good luck when you call. 

Wow! Thanks for information. I will try it. Who knows?! Might be my lucky day. 😉

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bhughey said:

Ok, so the answer leads to another question - I usually prefer to book direct with x, but since this was done through a travel agent, will celebrity assist with the reservation or send me back to the agent fgror the drink package upgrade?

(and whoohoo for extra 15% off :))

I booked with a TA and had no trouble calling Celebrity directly and getting the upgrade with the Elite discount. I did have to tell him I was elite. 

21 hours ago, cbfb said:

It worked! They gave me the 15% on top of the 9%. Thanks again! 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, cbfb said:

We had to call celebrity to upgrade but with a big group I would see if the TA will do it. Elite and elite plus get 15% off. 

5% to upgrade to premium is a kick in the you know what. Celebrity is getting really cheap with their guests. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

5% to upgrade to premium is a kick in the you know what. Celebrity is getting really cheap with their guests. 

15% and that was in addition to the 9% off sale. Not bad 

• Like 2