How to use OBC?!?

crilski

10 hours ago, morgan5 said:

If you have both OBC from Windstar and a travel agent, which one gets used first? Hopefully it's the Windstar credit, but I'm curious. So if I have let's say $200 OBC issued by Windstar and $200 OBC issued by a travel agent and at the end of my cruise I end up spending say $300 in misc. purchases. Would I get $100 refunded back to me?

They have always used the Windstar OBC first when I've had both Windstar OBC and OBC from my travel agent. The OBC from my travel agent was shown as something else on the statement of credits that I got at the beginning of the cruise - I don't recall what it was called but I think it was something like prepaid credits.

• 2 months later...
On 2/28/2023 at 9:02 PM, minidonuts85 said:

Book it now (pay out of pocket), then cancel and rebook with OBC once you’re on board. Done this myself. 

Exactly, how do you do this onboard?  It’s not that I don’t understand the concept.  Do you just go to the excursions desk and say “please cancel this excursion and rebook it using my OBC?”

33 minutes ago, Psoque said:

Exactly, how do you do this onboard?  It’s not that I don’t understand the concept.  Do you just go to the excursions desk and say “please cancel this excursion and rebook it using my OBC?”

Yes, exactly and they’ll refund your original form of payment eventually. 

On 9/15/2024 at 10:41 AM, minidonuts85 said:

Yes, exactly and they’ll refund your original form of payment eventually. 

I did this.  The excursions had increased in price by $10pp on each excursion and was charged the new price (understandable).  I believe the refund was made as refundable onboard credit and was refunded to my credit card at the end of the sailing as I had not spent it.   On Star yachts you could see the refundable OBC listed separately from the Windstar  use it or lose it OBC on the TV system.