New, Very Different, World Cruise Itinerary for 2025

tring

I am quite taken with this new itinerary:-   https://www.fredolsencruises.com/cruise/around-the-world-t2502?utm_source=email&utm_medium=e-shot&utm_campaign=T2502launch_01.03.2023&dm_i=8ID,87XQ6,16P00A,XQ8OC,1

It heads straight over to Brazil, before taking a southerly route around South America to Valparaiso, then heading across The South Pacific to SE Australia.  Then travels around the south of Australia and across the South Atlantic to South Africa, before returning up the West Coast of Africa taking in St Helena on the way.  A very different itinerary without having to go through the overly touristy Caribbean and Med.  106 nights with 32 different ports, (if I have counted correctly), with extra nights in Sydney and Cape Town, from what I can see at first glance.  A very different route.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 4:45 PM, tring said:

I am quite taken with this new itinerary:-   https://www.fredolsencruises.com/cruise/around-the-world-t2502?utm_source=email&utm_medium=e-shot&utm_campaign=T2502launch_01.03.2023&dm_i=8ID,87XQ6,16P00A,XQ8OC,1

It heads straight over to Brazil, before taking a southerly route around South America to Valparaiso, then heading across The South Pacific to SE Australia.  Then travels around the south of Australia and across the South Atlantic to South Africa, before returning up the West Coast of Africa taking in St Helena on the way.  A very different itinerary without having to go through the overly touristy Caribbean and Med.  106 nights with 32 different ports, (if I have counted correctly), with extra nights in Sydney and Cape Town, from what I can see at first glance.  A very different route.

I understand what you mean but if I was in the market for a worldie, I would be disappointed that it doesn't visit New Zealand...

On 3/2/2023 at 9:58 PM, Britboys said:

I understand what you mean but if I was in the market for a worldie, I would be disappointed that it doesn't visit New Zealand...

You could have a point there for a number of people, though must admit Australia and New Zealand have no big pull for us.  We are more interested in places where the culture and way of life differs to us, so Africa and S America have more appeal, though would be a shame to travel so far and not go further north than Valparaiso on that west coast. We have spent two full weeks up the Amazon as well visiting some other S American ports and spending a couple of days up the Orinoco, courtesy of Swan Hellenic 2006, so we would be very happy to skip the NE coast of S America. 

We are keeping an eye on the around Africa cruise Fred has for next winter as would be interested in doing the second part of that, if it is split in The Seychelles, where they are scheduled to spend two days.

Have done a couple of cruises for cruises sake for some warmth last autumn because we felt covid would still restrict travel to more unusual places and are convinced we did the right thing then, but had enough of repeated itineraries for a while now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2023 at 3:15 PM, yorkshire traveller said:

We have booked the 2025 RTW on Bolette.  Just back from Around the world in 80 days on Borealis.  The itinerary suits us very well.  Lots of new ports to explore.

How exiting, I am sure you will enjoy that as well, the itinerary looks amazing.  I would like to do part of it, if it is ever split into sectors, but it would be such a long way to fly to all the ports at obvious embarkation points for that.  We have some good stuff planned though, so trying not to be too jealous 🙂

Barbara

1 hour ago, tring said:

How exiting, I am sure you will enjoy that as well, the itinerary looks amazing.  I would like to do part of it, if it is ever split into sectors, but it would be such a long way to fly to all the ports at obvious embarkation points for that.  We have some good stuff planned though, so trying not to be too jealous 🙂

Barbara

We have overnights in Cape Town and Sydney so the opportunity for sectors is there. 80 days around the world was originally one cruise than an overnight in Singapore was added and split.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I am looking at the Bolette WC2025. We've Never sailed with Fred Olsen before, but watched a lot of YT videos and the ambiance and itinerary looks very appealing.

One thing, that might seem trivial to others that read this is that my favourite tipple is Johnnie Walker Black Label. I drink 3 or 4 large ones each evening. Every cruise line I have sailed with thus far has stocked it, lucky enough for me, (MSC, NCL, Princess, P&O, Vikings, RCL etc)

It is super important to me that Johnnie Black stocked on board, or I won't take the cruise of this length. So, do any if you good people know if Black Label is sold on board?