Can you take spirits on Queen Mary 2 and pay corkage to have them served to you throughout the trip?

D&N

On 3/2/2023 at 7:42 AM, D&N said:

Can you present a bottle of spirits to a lounge bar person at start of trip and pay corkage to have measures served each night?

Our biggest disappointment last time was that they had run out of Grand Marnier.

To be honest I would even donate the bottle(s) for our exclusive use and pay for the drinks (again!). We don't pay much for bottles here.

Has anyone experience of this?

You could bring your Grand Marnier on board and keep it in your cabin and take a hip flask filled with the said GM to your evening activities. If the bar is unable to fulfil your request for a GM then you could request glasses (with ice if that's how you prefer it) and pour your own from your hip flask. I think giving them the opportunity to sell you a drink is fair and offer to pay for the use of their glasses etc (effectively corkage).

I cringe at the idea of carrying a drink around a ship but I did it last time I was on board (from a bar to my cabin; or from one bar to a less crowded area) because everyone does it these days and etiquette 'ain't wot she used to be'. Sadly.

Edited by LittleFish1976
  • Like 1