Dinner invite question.

kent4489

We’ve just received a dinner invite with the 2nd in command to Prime C. We prefer dining alone and later than the invite. What I’d like to know, would we be rude to graciously decline the invite? Thank you for any helpful advice.

25 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

We’ve just received a dinner invite with the 2nd in command to Prime C. We prefer dining alone and later than the invite. What I’d like to know, would we be rude to graciously decline the invite? Thank you for any helpful advice.

It is no problem saying no but you could also drop them a hand written note to explain, they will understand

34 minutes ago, uktog said:

It is no problem saying no but you could also drop them a hand written note to explain, they will understand

Thank you. Yes, I planned to write a note. I was just concerned if we would be considered rude. Should we leave it at guest relations? 
I appreciate your reply.

8 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

Thank you. Yes, I planned to write a note. I was just concerned if we would be considered rude. Should we leave it at guest relations? 
I appreciate your reply.

Did the invite mention RSVP to the concierge -  in which case leave it there otherwise Guest Relations

That is a very personal invitation, at least. We once got an invitation to an “officers table” or something like that in Discoveries. We were flattered! We needn’t have been. Turns out there were many tables and we were kept waiting in the bar forever and finally seated with strangers (no officers), although someone eventually came by and said hello. THAT invitation I would turn down if I ever received it again.

• Like 2