MMJ Edibles on board

2 hours ago, K32682 said:

It depends on your departure point. Marijuana is legal in Canada and dogs don't search for it in our terminals. If it were medically necessary and prescribed I'd carry it on if boarding in a Canadian port. Were I in a port where cannabis is legal I might even buy gummies for recreational purposes and bring them on board making sure they were consumed before the end of the cruise. 

That’s really bad advice. You clear US Customs when boarding in Vancouver. Regardless, whether or not it’s legal in whatever location the port is situated, it’s still illegal at the destinations and it’s still not permitted on board. 

• Like 5

Want to take the subjectivity out of the thread? Here is the text and link:

What if a guest has a letter from a doctor saying that they are allowed to use marijuana for medicinal and/or therapeutic purposes?  Why is that prohibited?

Marijuana on our ships is not allowed. While certain CBD products used for medicinal purposes may be legal in the US, they are not legal in all the ports we visit and therefore are also considered prohibited items. Guests will need to consult with their physician for other suitable alternatives.

https://www.carnival.com/help/3583#section-3

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 2