MSC Meraviglia Feb 19, 2023 Fantastica Balcony Trip Report (with photos)

Match Game 72

21 hours ago, Match Game 72 said:

Back at the port area, we shopped in several jewelry shops. We ended up buying my son his birthday gift, a silver curb link bracelet. And I bought a silver ring with two zultanite stones that change color in the sun. It will remind me of this trip.

Back on the ship after four hours in Cozumel, everyone was hungry so we made the buffet our first stop.

Some pictures from our balcony

DSCN6525.thumb.JPG.d5b7ad4c05b27c7825d5cc0b91b8cba2.JPGDSCN6527.thumb.JPG.6cfd90ff19a31510efd839c7e3a71afb.JPGDSCN6521.thumb.JPG.914106a5f5bb9f1fbdb8904c3279cf64.JPGDSCN6523.thumb.JPG.223b4abaa16636388718d4fd6b19c489.JPG

Where did Meraviglia dock in Cozumel International pier or Punta Langosta?.  Love your review we enjoyed Mera very much beautiful ship.

Edited by ChattTenn

4 minutes ago, croaziera said:

We used the international cruise terminal while in Cozumel on February 24, 2024.  

4A01FF4E-ABC2-42D8-9C58-490C98AB7E28.jpeg

766F47A4-A9D2-422B-8E50-E9087FDC4747.jpeg

Thanks for the correction! I had relied on the pier websites to get the name of the terminal. Looks like MSC may not always use the same terminal.

3 minutes ago, Match Game 72 said:

This is incorrect. Croaziera gives the correct info.

I was also expecting the langosta pier and was shocked and surprised they used the international pier.  It was more convenient for me as I walked only 15 minutes to sunset restaurant and bar as opposed to the 46 estimated minutes walk from the other pier.  

• Like 1

You mentioned reservations for shows and specialty dining. Did you make those reservations onboard? If so where? On the app? At a desk?

I can't make reservations for anything online for up upcoming sailing next month, so I am hoping to be able to do so once onboard.

On 3/2/2023 at 7:00 PM, Match Game 72 said:

The show on the Broadway theater was Top Hits. It was well done. The Dirty Dancing scene was very entertaining. On the whole, I enjoyed the performance.

We did not see the shows in the Carousel Lounge. Tickets may be prebought for $12 each or $18 each while on the ship. Over the years we have seen many wonderful and amazing acrobatic shows. I'm sure this one is astounding, but we did not see it.

After the show, we went to Sky lounge for live music and a drink. After a late night snack at the buffet, we headed to the cabin. Late night snacks included 3 or 4 types of pizza, four types of premade sandwiches, some dried fruit and nuts, and a few small desserts. Was it everything that the buffet offered during the day? No. Was it enough? Yes.

Thanks for the info you are providing. Can I ask what the typical showtimes are for theatre shows? The way they do dining times has me flip-flopping my choice. 7:30pm is perfect for me, but if I choose "early" could I wind-up being assigned a terrible time like 5:30pm and unable to change it. Or if I stick with late dining, will that mean I probably will miss the evening shows? I chose late, but my gut tells me to switch to early.

Thanks, in advance.

On 3/4/2023 at 4:06 PM, croaziera said:

I was also expecting the langosta pier and was shocked and surprised they used the international pier.  It was more convenient for me as I walked only 15 minutes to sunset restaurant and bar as opposed to the 46 estimated minutes walk from the other pier.  

We had been in Cozumel many times and the only one time docked at Punta Langosta it was on MSC Divina.  We like PL must better than other two piers so convenience to look/shop around (Mega store).  Just hope Seaside will be allow to dock at PL.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 9:07 AM, JamieLogical said:

You mentioned reservations for shows and specialty dining. Did you make those reservations onboard? If so where? On the app? At a desk?

I can't make reservations for anything online for up upcoming sailing next month, so I am hoping to be able to do so once onboard.

We reserved Butcher's Cut in person. We reserved Kaito Sushi over the phone.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:16 AM, Anastas617 said:

Thanks for the info you are providing. Can I ask what the typical showtimes are for theatre shows? The way they do dining times has me flip-flopping my choice. 7:30pm is perfect for me, but if I choose "early" could I wind-up being assigned a terrible time like 5:30pm and unable to change it. Or if I stick with late dining, will that mean I probably will miss the evening shows? I chose late, but my gut tells me to switch to early.

Thanks, in advance.

We always had 7:30 pm dining and went to the 9:30 show.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tmatero said:

Another Mainer here! Wife and I are in the Midcoast, where abouts in Maine are you? We are looking at MSC Meraviglia and really appreciate your thoughts and post!

You can't get there from here....  ; -)

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2023 at 6:04 PM, Match Game 72 said:

You can't get there from here....  ; -)

HAHAHA - I know the exact area, spent a lot of time the last couple of years working in and around that area! Nice to see another Mainah! Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 4:37 AM, chloe kitty said:

Thank you for your informative review.  Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  September will be our first time on MSC, but my 62nd cruise.  Have read reviews that weren't too favorable, so glad to read yours.

Have a fantastic cruise!