Number of passengers on sailing

Tbucs19

That is a complicated question.  First, you cannot believe what VV reps tell you on the phone.  I was told we were 65% booked, and my cruise actually sailed a couple months later after a GREAT special that brought in many new bookings....and we were 52% full at sailing.  Now, in fairness, the ship fills in 2 ways--number of cabins and number of people.  While obviously related, they don't always line up.  1 person in a cabin that holds 2 is still a booked cabin.

I have been told that on the TA screen, travel agents can see how many cabins remain on a given sailing, so that might be one way to get an idea.  I asked my TA on an upcoming cruise and haven't heard back.

What WILL work is to look at the tablet that the rep at the port uses to check you in.  It will show something like 300 of 1400, meaning that 300 people have already checked in out of the 1400 booked on the cruise. It will give you exact numbers.  Another way is to ask any "customer facing" crew member on board--bar tender, shop workers, Sailor Services, etc.  THey have a meeting before boarding starts when they are told how many are booked, so they all know.  Again, the question is whether they will tell you and how accurate they'll be, but I've never had a problem finding out after boarding.

• Like 3