Moving from Bronze to Silver

roberts2005

This August we will be taking our 10th cruise on Oceania.   It has been my understanding that we will get the Silver benefits for this cruise.  As of now my account is only showing the $100.00 OBC.  Will this change over to $250.00 once we board, or do I need to ask for the change.  Same for gratuities.

Thanks

Once you step onboard  your new benefits kick in

Usually they will have cards in your cabin on the desk or bed  showing  all your  credits

If they do not show up by day 2  speak to reception/Purser

Maybe when your final docs come they will have the  new amount

1 hour ago, roberts2005 said:

This August we will be taking our 10th cruise on Oceania.   It has been my understanding that we will get the Silver benefits for this cruise.  As of now my account is only showing the $100.00 OBC.  Will this change over to $250.00 once we board, or do I need to ask for the change.  Same for gratuities.

Thanks

To eliminate any potential issues, after completing cruise #9, have your TA to have Oceania issue you a new invoice for cruise #10. By doing so, all of your new Silver benefits should be clearly displayed. This has eliminated issues for people in the past.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Are you sure you get the Silver benefits during your 10th cruise and not after you completed it? I couldn't find it in T&C.

You get the  next level benefits  as soon as you step on the ship 

no waiting until the  milestone cruise is complete  like other lines

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

To eliminate any potential issues, after completing cruise #9, have your TA to have Oceania issue you a new invoice for cruise #10. By doing so, all of your new Silver benefits should be clearly displayed. This has eliminated issues for people in the past.

Thanks for this recommendation and have noted as we will be reaching #10 soon. 

13 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Thank you both.  I’ll have my TA revise the invoice.  Possibly, should I wait until I have made final payment?

I seem to recall our benefits are listed  once we book  but  for sure they are there  once final payment is made  but do ask your TA to confirm them

• Like 1

Wow, this is timely - our tenth is coming up in May (already made final payment). Same situation - $100 OBC showing today - so I had just asked my TA this very question, and he replied that i need to wait until cruise #11.

Do I need a new TA?  I just sent him this thread, hopefully I won't have to contact O myself (but I will).

Thanks, everyone!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jan.and.John said:

Wow, this is timely - our tenth is coming up in May (already made final payment). Same situation - $100 OBC showing today - so I had just asked my TA this very question, and he replied that i need to wait until cruise #11.

Do I need a new TA?  I just sent him this thread, hopefully I won't have to contact O myself (but I will).

Thanks, everyone!

If it is noted on your invoice  it will probably show up  on the final summary from O

Check in MY ACCOUNT on O website  under Oceania club & see if it says  you 9 cruise credits

35 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If it is noted on your invoice  it will probably show up  on the final summary from O

Check in MY ACCOUNT on O website  under Oceania club & see if it says  you 9 cruise credits

We completed 3 cruises with O and paid the final payment for the 4th cruise in May.

In our account it still says 3 credits. I will check what it says while on board.

51 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

We completed 3 cruises with O and paid the final payment for the 4th cruise in May.

In our account it still says 3 credits. I will check what it says while on board.

You will have 4 credits when you board your fourth* cruise. Until then, you have 3 credits.

* Note that credits don’t always align exactly with the number of cruise. Longer cruises can earn more than 1 credit, in some cases.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jan.and.John said:

Thanks, everyone!

Unless there's been a change your TA might not really understand the way Oceania works. 

• Like 2

Update for us: our TA checked with O last night, and they told him we only have 7 credits - because I sailed twice with my son (Cuba and St. Petersburg) when my husband didn’t care to go. So apparently -even though I have always planned, booked and paid with my credit card - we go by my husband’s total, so our May cruise will be #8, not #10.

I’m not happy about this! Ten cruises is ten cruises.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jan.and.John said:

Update for us: our TA checked with O last night, and they told him we only have 7 credits - because I sailed twice with my son (Cuba and St. Petersburg) when my husband didn’t care to go. So apparently -even though I have always planned, booked and paid with my credit card - we go by my husband’s total, so our May cruise will be #8, not #10.

Why you can't ask them to give status to you and not your husband? You have 10 reservations with your name on all of them, don't you?

28 minutes ago, Jan.and.John said:

I would not be either

Check in with your Club number  & see if it changes

I know my friend who travels solo sometimes  got  full cruise credits & her DH  has less  than her but she still gets the  cruise credit  for her sailings

3 minutes ago, Jan.and.John said:

Update: my login now shows silver status for our upcoming May cruise. MANY thanks for all the support and hints from my fellow cruisers! 🥂

So just to clarify: this will be your 10th cruise, but it already shows Silver (10 credits) even before you stepped on board? Or maybe one of your previous cruises was more than 25 days and you got 2 credits for it?

17 minutes ago, Jan.and.John said:

AK, this will be our tenth - but we made final payment last month (I think that, plus our escalating the matter today) may explain why the cruise shows perks already.

IME  it will show the perks  before you board  but if you do not make the ship (like we did )  you will not get the cruise credit  even though paid in full

Confusing LOL

Glad you got it sorted

I always do the booking so all the cruises  are usually my name first  on the booking 😉