Typical dress code

MICHE99

52 minutes ago, KBs mum said:

Do you need to try to get any thing at next port? Happy to try to advise if you identify port and requirements 

Thanks that's sweet of you!  We really know so little at this point that we wouldn't even know what to tell anyone. The last place they sent the luggage (34 pieces of missing luggage) was Edinburgh, They were able to get 17 pieces of luggage. So then we were told luggage would be sent to Belfast, but evidently it did not show up there. Then they said it would be sent to Greenwich but we did not think that was a good idea (neither did Viking) and Viking informed them to send it to our home address. The luggage tracker is saying it's last known place was Edinburgh and that Edinburgh lost all the paperwork and has no knowledge of the luggage. 

I'm just hoping at some point someone looks at the luggage tag and contacts us. 

1 hour ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

Unfortunately my husband still has no luggage. It followed us to a couple ports they say, but at one port they say they lost it. So the formal word as of today is, it is lost and we don't have much hope. If anyone has any suggestions, we'll take them! You really come out on the short end with the airline and insurance. They don't cover some of the things, and for us not the total amount we lost. 

It is said to never let an airline handle anything you don't want to lose.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

Yes we are AirTag fans. There is an AirTag in his luggage...evidently the battery has died. 

I was curious about how long the battery lasted so researched it this spring before a planned trip in April. I bought the AirTags for a cruise in March of 2022. The information said the batteries last about a year so I got fresh ones for this year. Lots to keep track of with electronics!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

Yes we are AirTag fans. There is an AirTag in his luggage...evidently the battery has died. 

I was curious about how long the battery lasted so researched it this spring before a planned trip in April. I bought the AirTags for a cruise in March of 2022. The information said the batteries last about a year so I got fresh ones for this year. Lots to keep track of with electronics!

4 minutes ago, cmmaxwell03 said:

This will be our first time using AirTags when we travel.  I had no idea the battery could run out after a year.  I did some quick research and found instructions for changing the battery.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211670

Pretty much like when they’re activated or paired with your phone. I didn’t bother checking to see if it registered as low because I didn’t want them to die in the middle of our trip. Easier to just replace once a year.

2 hours ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

A good idea to put a reminder in your calendar to change the battery every year. Even better, remove the battery when not traveling.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update: The AirTag started working again! It just updated and said the luggage arrived at an airport in London 5 minutes ago. (not Heathrow where we flew out of, but Stansted...we don't even know where that is) Now if we can just get to the right people to have it sent home. So far we're getting sent here and there with no one to really contact. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

Update: The AirTag started working again! It just updated and said the luggage arrived at an airport in London 5 minutes ago. (not Heathrow where we flew out of, but Stansted...we don't even know where that is) Now if we can just get to the right people to have it sent home. So far we're getting sent here and there with no one to really contact. 

Stansted Airport is about 40 miles NE of the city and is considered as London's 3rd airport, after LHR & Gatwick.

3 hours ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

A perfect storm ... although good to hear that it came back to life! 🍺🥌

Edited by CurlerRob
Update.

KBs dad has just reminded me that air tags need to be within a few hundred yards of an iPhone (anybodys) to work. May have been the bag was locked in a store room or whoever was working there has an android phone. 

When we got ours I put one in my work bag to try it out, with the iPhone at home with hubby. It disappeared 300 yards from our house, was briefly visible when I passed a bloke walking a dog, then showed up 10 minutes later when I arrived in the car park. 

They did work brilliantly on our recent Norway cruise, although at one stage they were apparently 'near the North Atlantic' 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KBs mum said:

KBs dad has just reminded me that air tags need to be within a few hundred yards of an iPhone (anybodys) to work. May have been the bag was locked in a store room or whoever was working there has an android phone. 

When we got ours I put one in my work bag to try it out, with the iPhone at home with hubby. It disappeared 300 yards from our house, was briefly visible when I passed a bloke walking a dog, then showed up 10 minutes later when I arrived in the car park. 

They did work brilliantly on our recent Norway cruise, although at one stage they were apparently 'near the North Atlantic' 

That's an interesting point. His AirTag was not notifying him the whole trip, mine was and we know they were together at least at the airport. I think his app is problematic as well. We'll be changing that AirTag out with a new one we have, if we ever get the luggage back. 

• Like 2

We’re not going until September but this thread prompted me to get my husband to change the batteries in our Air Tags as they will be a year old in September and that’s supposedly the  lifetime of the batteries.  All sorted. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

I pull the batteries on my Tile trackers and store them and the tracker inside my bags until the next trip.  This way they are not pinging on my phone at home, wearing themselves out

The Samsung SmartTag Plus doesn't have the battery life that the AirTag seems to have. So I too remove the battery between trips. However, the SmartTag does have a more verbose battery status, reporting the battery level in % left. When preparing for a trip, anything less than 60% gets a fresh battery.

Also... we do move them to our  day-packs that we go off the ship with. Just a little bit of added security never hurts. 

• Like 2

Listening to you all talk about Air Tags has made me realize that I should get some for our cruise in October.  Both husband and I are a bit computer illiterate, however.  I looked on Amazon and am puzzled because they all say they only work within a couple hundred feet (of what?  my phone?).  That sounds useless to find luggage in a remote airport, so it must be something else.  Would anyone be able to post a link to some tags they find of good quality?  We have an android phone, so I guess that is important.  Also, if we don't have international capabilities on our phone, will the tag still work?  Sorry to appear so pathetically ignorant.  Would appreciate any help anyone can offer.🤔

2 minutes ago, snookie1 said:

Listening to you all talk about Air Tags has made me realize that I should get some for our cruise in October.  Both husband and I are a bit computer illiterate, however.  I looked on Amazon and am puzzled because they all say they only work within a couple hundred feet (of what?  my phone?).  That sounds useless to find luggage in a remote airport, so it must be something else.  Would anyone be able to post a link to some tags they find of good quality?  We have an android phone, so I guess that is important.  Also, if we don't have international capabilities on our phone, will the tag still work?  Sorry to appear so pathetically ignorant.  Would appreciate any help anyone can offer.🤔

For android you need tile, not air tags. They work in the same way but on different operating systems. GPS trackers work independently of phones

4 minutes ago, snookie1 said:

OK.  I see those on Amazon.  Can you recommend any in particular?  And how would you track it without your phone?  Like I said, computer illiterate!!

An android phone or phones 'track' tiles in the same way an I phone or phones track an air tag. 

Same function but on different operating systems. 

You need your phone for both as you need to install the relevent app then register the tag or tile to the phone

14 hours ago, snookie1 said:

OK.  I would assume instructions are included with the device??

If you go to Tile Trackers | Bluetooth Tracker for Keys, Wallets, Cars, and More

and click on the How It Works drop down arrow, they have lots of info to help you.  Also check out

Tile Support (thetileapp.com)

for the Support/How To's.  

• Like 1