Vanuatu cyclone damage

Poor Vanuatu was smashed by two cyclones and two earthquakes in a matter of days.  Last I saw, there's significant infrastructure damage in Port Vila, though Mystery Island wasn't hit too badly.

I have a cruise to both in early April and thought I'd start a post so others in a similar situation can share any information they receive from their respective cruise lines. RCI pulled a last-minute switcheroo last month and an island cruise ended up going to Hobart.  Guess we'd better pack for all eventualities!

We're on a cruise to Fiji & Tonga on Celebrity Eclipse leaving Sydney on the 6th of April. I've been wondering if Celebrity is going to stop at Suva and Lautoka as they are both on the same island. Haven't heard from Celebrity about port changes, so perhaps we're still going to these two ports. Tania

We are on the same Celebrity Eclipse cruise leaving on April 6th. I am found a site on Facebook, that has been posting the latest pictures and updates about Mystery island. Repairs are being made, and they are planning on be open for our cruise ship stop on April 16. I did asked if they needed anything, They are asking for school supplies...pencils, erasers, toothpaste, toothbrushes,, that we can drop off to them at the pier, on the island. Joesph, from Mystery island tours is in charge of collecting.

Thanks 

I also keep up with Mystery Island social media and they missed a visit from Carnival Luminosa this week.  Not because of damage, but because immigration officials from the capital couldn't reach the area to clear the ship, due to a lack of planes.  I feel for the islanders, they've been through so much and must invest a lot in fresh food etc. for cruise ship visits.

Sailing on Carnival Splendour on Monday 20th March.  Itinerary includes Mystery Island and Port Vila.  Doesn't sound likely reading these posts,  Although disappointing I feel guilty for even feeling disappointed as I should be thinking more about those poor people who have experienced this catastrophic weather and the devastating consequences it has had on their country and their lives. 

We’re also boarding 27 March - seems strange we’ve heard very little about what’s going on after the cyclone and earthquake- even in the media. 

Would be happy to take some

things over - like school supplies etc but not sure if we’ll even stop. 
Is it just me? Or has there’s been so little news….? 

No I agree there's very little news coming out of Vila.  At first I assumed it was due to damage to communication infrastructure but there's still not much information available.

I follow Irikiki Island and Hideaway Island resorts on social media, they are open and welcoming visitors though the latter is still repairing damage.