Paradise Beach- a la cart?

new2cruising2006

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 8:01 PM, new2cruising2006 said:

Years ago Paradise Beach was a la cart or all inclusive.  Is it still the case?  I can't seem to find a la cart info...

I had the same question.  We've been to PB over a dozen times and have done both AI and ala carte.  I've read a few recent reviews from March that said that they were told they had to buy the AI option.  There is no way I am paying $41 each for my 6 year old and 8 year old.  That price doesn't include the water toys either.  I think the better option would be Playa Mia which is a shame because we love PB!  

Edited by imluvncruzn

So depending on how many ships are in port that day A la cart can be difficult. Paradise beach gets packed when there are 6 7 or even 8 ships in. Places will take reservations such as Paradise beach and then refuse A La Cart entries. We will be in Cozumel next week on the Joy along with 5 other ships. So have a feeling it will be packed. 

1 hour ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Paradise Beach was always packed even before they went AI.  We had so many great days there.  It's sad to think we may never go again. 

Exact same for us.  We always did the ala carte.  Makes me sad for sure.  Wonderful place with wonderful food, staff and facilities!  😢

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, imluvncruzn said:

So just providing an update:  My best friend and family were there last week (11 of them).  They showed up at PB and were told they could not do the ala carte option.  They had to pay for the AI plus the fun pass for the kids.  

If there was room to let them in sounds greedy on the part of Paradise. I guess it comes down to what they can get away with and how desperate the client is for particular facilities.

If it was two of us  i would have moved on elsewhere, for a family it is more difficult - you would need to know where else you wanted to go, how much it would cost when you got there and pay  for a taxi to get there.

I don’t know how old the group were but that is a lot of money for 11 people. I wouldn’t want to oay that for kids plus fun pass.

I suppose you need to call in advance theses days or take a chance.

Edited by c-leg5

I would HIGHLY recommend calling them in the morning. We were able to do PAYG/a la carte last year (April 2022) but when we got in the taxi, the driver told us it was full and we should go to this other place.

We were planning to split our day (had Cabana Beach reserved for the day also but kids wanted to do inflatables for a bit in the morning) so we just decided to go to Cabana Beach and call Paradise Beach. They were allowing PAYG guests, so we ended up having to get another taxi to go there. It wasn't horrible because my husband ended up needing to do some work, so he stayed at the Cabana and I took the kids. But the taxi driver was trying to pull some scam by telling us inaccurate information. 

I have seen Paradise Beach post on the website when they are sold out for the day. Not sure how consistent that is...

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in October of 2022 and while I don't recall how many ships were in port, we were one of the first ones there and had no problem doing PAYG at PB, although you could tell they weren't pleased when we turned down the all inclusive package.  I do miss the days when they were only PAYG and all you had to do was to spend $10/pp on food/drink to use their  loungers and umbrellas.  And no looking out at only inflatables as it is now but instead could actually enjoy the view of the ocean.