Enchantment of the Seas cabin anticipation

My incomplete SetSailPass indicates gty deck 7 Muster Station 010.   No numbers on the bar code yet.   Since cruise date is 5 weeks away, I am not in a panic, but perhaps someone has an idea where our balcony stateroom might be located .    Just an estimate would be interesting.

(First time booking a guarantee instead of the usual cabin selection…hopefully not in for a disappointment despite not being crazy fussy)

Hi, when I've booked a GTY sometimes it appears right away, other times it's almost at check in time.

There are not lots of balcony cabins on Enchantment, you could maybe have a look at which ones are still free and maybe get an idea of where you could be.

15 hours ago, roupa said:

No numbers on the bar code yet.  

That's quite unusual given the muster station/deck assignment. You could search the general area that muster station covers and assume a cabin in that area.

Yes, finding the partial info odd, I just called RCCL and had no wait time!!   It was confirmed that I will have a balcony stateroom on deck 7 but the specific room not yet assigned.   Still seems weird tho, but will be patient!

On 3/6/2023 at 6:40 PM, roupa said:

My incomplete SetSailPass indicates gty deck 7 Muster Station 010.   No numbers on the bar code yet.   Since cruise date is 5 weeks away, I am not in a panic, but perhaps someone has an idea where our balcony stateroom might be located .    Just an estimate would be interesting.

(First time booking a guarantee instead of the usual cabin selection…hopefully not in for a disappointment despite not being crazy fussy)

The numbers do not show below the barcode on the set sail pass; you must de-code that barcode to see the number.  If you are an iPhone user, you can do that by putting the set-sail pass into your apple wallet.  The look in your apple wallet for the number below the barcode after the -.

Android users have reported similar results with barcode reader apps.

Expect the cabin number below the barcode to eventually be your assigned cabin.  We decoded our barcode on Feb 22 as soon as we checked in; our cabin has not yet been officially assigned.  I’m glad I know.

Edited by Starry Eyes

13 hours ago, welshrich said:

Hi, when I've booked a GTY sometimes it appears right away, other times it's almost at check in time.

There are not lots of balcony cabins on Enchantment, you could maybe have a look at which ones are still free and maybe get an idea of where you could be.

He has a deck and muster station.  If RCI knows that much, they have unofficially picked his cabin; it is no longer for sale.

On 3/7/2023 at 8:09 PM, Starry Eyes said:

He has a deck and muster station.  If RCI knows that much, they have unofficially picked his cabin; it is no longer for sale.

I wonder why they don't just say what cabin it is? My daughter is in a similar situation, I think.  She has a muster station, and somewhere we saw that she's on deck 3, but that's it.

To the person who suggested putting the sea pass in apple wallet... Thank you. I now see a cabin number. Gives my daughter an idea if she wants to increase her bids for an upgrade.

Edited by Candleonwater

12 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

I wonder why they don't just say what cabin it is? My daughter is in a similar situation, I think.  She has a muster station, and somewhere we saw that she's on deck 3, but that's it.

To the person who suggested putting the sea pass in apple wallet... Thank you. I now see a cabin number. Gives my daughter an idea if she wants to increase her bids for an upgrade.

I’m glad you found the apple wallet bar code trick helpful.  It is regularly discussed here on CruiseCritic.  It has also helped me finalize my RoyalUp bids, too.

I don’t know why Royal does it that way.  I suppose it leaves them a bit more flexibility.   If hypothetically there were some unusual, unanticipated situation requiring cabins to be shuffled (a surprise plumbing problem or whatever), it is easier to move an unassigned gty than an assigned gty.  That’s just a guess; I have not heard of it happening.  So far my bar code has predicted my cabin each time, but I always assume they have a right to move me if I book gty.

16 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’m glad you found the apple wallet bar code trick helpful.  It is regularly discussed here on CruiseCritic.  It has also helped me finalize my RoyalUp bids, too.

I don’t know why Royal does it that way.  I suppose it leaves them a bit more flexibility.   If hypothetically there were some unusual, unanticipated situation requiring cabins to be shuffled (a surprise plumbing problem or whatever), it is easier to move an unassigned gty than an assigned gty.  That’s just a guess; I have not heard of it happening.  So far my bar code has predicted my cabin each time, but I always assume they have a right to move me if I book gty.

Trying to figure out what to do with bids now. She's bid higher on the cabin she'd really like, balcony, which until recently was showing as sold out. Now the interiors are showing sold out instead.

I did the “apple wallet trick”!  Crazy how /why that works!!  Recently got my stateroom confirmation…happy to say it’s the same one the “wallet “ revealed and I am most satisfied with the location!!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, roupa said:

I did the “apple wallet trick”!  Crazy how /why that works!!  Recently got my stateroom confirmation…happy to say it’s the same one the “wallet “ revealed and I am most satisfied with the location!!

Another happy iPhone owner🤣

6 minutes ago, ksmommy5 said:

Mine still says GTY after the dash on my May sailing. Maybe they’re considering my Royal up! 

GTY cabin assignment have likely no bearing on Royal Up (and you are likely too far out still). BTW, when that GTY assignment becomes official, your Royal Up bids are likely to be canceled (any change on the booking does that) - you'll have to rebid.

We leave in 2 weeks and still waiting for "Gty" to be replaced with a number. I'm going with they don't want us to know what room in case we try to change within the category. Jokes on them, with the apple wallet trick, I can see the room number, and it's fine.

54 minutes ago, ksmommy5 said:

Mine still says GTY after the dash on my May sailing. Maybe they’re considering my Royal up! 

That’s wishful thinking.  There is no reason to believe the two are connected.  Royal Caribbean does it’s own gty assignments, while they farm the RoyalUp upgrades out to a separate company.  Whether or not Royal has assigned a cabin, you can win RoyalUp.  

24 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

That’s wishful thinking.  There is no reason to believe the two are connected.  Royal Caribbean does it’s own gty assignments, while they farm the RoyalUp upgrades out to a separate company.  Whether or not Royal has assigned a cabin, you can win RoyalUp.  

Then I guess the apple wallet trick doesn't work for all because mine only has GTY after the dash and the numbers before it are different for both passes. 

1 minute ago, ksmommy5 said:

Then I guess the apple wallet trick doesn't work for all because mine only has GTY after the dash and the numbers before it are different for both passes. 

The trick only works when there's an internal assignment - until then, you get what you are seeing. Anyone with knowledge/experience with this trick would know that it doesn't always show the cabin.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ksmommy5 said:

That information is included in threads with a full full description of the trick.  The OP on this thread indicated that their set sail pass had a deck and muster station; that indicates there is an assignment hidden the OP’s barcode.  Thus the OP did not need the info about still having Gty after the dash. OTOH, I bet you are not in the same situation.  I bet you do not have a deck or muster station on your set sail pass.  In the not too distant future Royal could still make a hidden assignment in your barcode.  Or your assignment may appear in in the app and barcode at the same time.  I have had it happen both ways.  Within the past year I waited until 4 or 5 days before sailing for a balcony gty assignment appeared in app (no hint in barcode or app before then). 

Of course, each passenger’s set sail will different numbers before the dash…they encode for an individual passenger.

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Most of the time the number before the dash is the booking number.

The numbers before the dash on my two set sail passes bear no resemblance to our reservation numbers.  Nor do DH’s two.  Do you mean the seaboard account number?

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

Do you mean the seaboard account number?

No, the reservation number - I guess in your case it's not and it could be that they have redone the numbering somewhat recently but, in the past, the SetSail pass barcode was <booking #> - <cabin #> or <booking #> - <GTY> if still unassigned.