Caviar and included beverages

T^2

On 3/7/2023 at 4:00 PM, johng75370 said:

Over time they’ve gotten a lot better at how quickly they can serve caviar in the Obs Bar - they have some number of orders pre-staged there so they don’t have to specially order it.  A few years ago (at least our experience) there could be some delay but more recently it’s been pretty fast.  

My husband and I usually set a standing order for caviar for 2 at 6 pm in the Obs. bar and it's always there right on time.  Such a decadent treat!

• Like 3

On our first Seabourn cruise, my wife and I had it maybe four times, including Caviar in the Pool, on a two week cruise.  We never ordered more than one order a piece.  It is a nice indulgence, but we were enjoying the rest of the cruise, both staff and fellow travelers, we often forgot to order it.

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

I have caviar on top of an omelette,it is very nice

There's a restaurant near me that offers an appetizer of a hard boiled egg shell filled with scrambled egg and topped with osetra caviar that is absolutely delicious and decadent.

3 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

There's a restaurant near me that offers an appetizer of a hard boiled egg shell filled with scrambled egg and topped with osetra caviar that is absolutely delicious and decadent.

Swallowed whole or delicately eaten?

We enjoy caviar for special occasions, or just because occasionally! Looking forward to giving it a try on Seabourn. Not sure about daily, but most certainly not for Sox people!  I haven’t heard of enjoying it with fries, however, since I do love a good French fry, I have to admit to having my curiosity up on this! 

I enjoy caviar on a special occasion or at a nice party. On our prior Seabourn cruises, we have enjoyed the caviar at the special parties where they serve it on deck, near the end of the cruise. I hadn't realized we could order it for a certain time in the bar or lounge, or brought to the suite. May do it once or twice on our upcoming cruise to Iceland and Norway this summer (not every day though!).

I do love champagne, and definitely enjoy a glass each day of a cruise, particularly at the sailaway parties on deck. 

Seabourn’s caviar policy is one of the reasons we keep coming back; wish there was red (salmon) available, but’s that’s a different issue.  Two recipes we were introduced to on Seabourn that have become go-to’s are Eggs Royale with caviar, and Pom Moscovite (pic attached from recent voyage).  

38E935E5-C1C2-4D76-897F-9DE28FCD97AC.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, johng75370 said:

Seabourn’s caviar policy is one of the reasons we keep coming back; wish there was red (salmon) available, but’s that’s a different issue.  Two recipes we were introduced to on Seabourn that have become go-to’s are Eggs Royale with caviar, and Pom Moscovite (pic attached from recent voyage).  

38E935E5-C1C2-4D76-897F-9DE28FCD97AC.jpeg

Looks absolutely delicious!

23 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

We enjoy caviar for special occasions, or just because occasionally! Looking forward to giving it a try on Seabourn. Not sure about daily, but most certainly not for Sox people!  I haven’t heard of enjoying it with fries, however, since I do love a good French fry, I have to admit to having my curiosity up on this! 

I don't think Sox people would enjoy caviar anyways.  They are more of a beer and baked beans crowd.