Refund for canceled excursion - How long? Any email?

Eli_6

I canceled an excursion I had booked last September for my upcoming May cruise because an excursion I liked better came out.  I had originally booked both my husband and I on the excursion...however, we are in different rooms because we are each booked in a room with one of our children.  My "canceled" excursion immediately showed up on my account as on board credit.  Nothing has shown up yet for my husband's excursion on his room yet. I do not recall how I paid for them, but I would have thought I would have paid for them the same way unless maybe my husband didn't have OBC...  Should I just assume that I booked it with a gift card or a credit card and wait a couple of weeks to see if anything shows up before I call? If it was with a gift card, how long before I will receive a replacement in the mail? For those that have canceled an excursion before, do you get any sort of email showing the excursion?

I recently canceled an excursion for my September cruise when one I liked better became available.  I had paid for it along with several others with a combination of OBC and credit card. I got an acknowledgment of the cancellation within a day or so, and a credit on my credit card within a week, along with the return of the OBC portion to my account. 

I also canceled an excursion for one of my July cruises almost immediately after booking because I accidentally chose the wrong time of the 2 options.  I tried getting it changed over the phone, but I had to cancel and rebook.  I got an immediate confirmation of the cancellation, and a nearly immediate credit on my credit card.

I have never used gift cards, so I don’t know anything about that process.  But given how long ago you canceled, it seems you should follow up rather than waiting longer. Good luck!

• Like 1

I rarely get an e-mail lately for cancelled shore excursions or fun shop purchases. If I paid with OBC it goes back into my cruise account immediately and if I purchase with a CC it takes a few days to a week for the credit to show up.  Not all offers include OBC or maybe you used the OBC for your husband’s cabin on something else. I have a heck of a time keeping track with all my changes and different offers so I just wait to see what happens after I cancel something. Yesterday I cancelled a shore excursion and booked a different one then cancelled and rebooked the Chef’s Table to move it to a different day. 

• Like 1

I cancelled an excursion 3 days ago that I had originally purchased with a gift card.  The cancellation email didn't come until a few hours later, and about an hour after that I received an email with an e-gift card in the amount of my refund.  

I recently cancelled internet on an April cruise that was about to be cancelled as well.  Part of it was paid with onboard credit, which was credited back immediately.  The rest of it was paid with a remaining gift card and $38 on a credit card.  I never received an email, but about a week after I cancelled I received a FedEx envelope with the gift card refund and about the same time I received the credit on my credit card.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses!  I finally got an email from Carnival saying that it was canceled and if paid for with a cc would be refunded to the same card and if a gift card, they would mail me a new one.  I am guessing because my husband was on a different booking, he didn't have OBC like I did or we had already used it so I probably paid with a gc or cc. 

21 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I canceled an excursion I had booked last September for my upcoming May cruise because an excursion I liked better came out.  I had originally booked both my husband and I on the excursion...however, we are in different rooms because we are each booked in a room with one of our children.  My "canceled" excursion immediately showed up on my account as on board credit.  Nothing has shown up yet for my husband's excursion on his room yet. I do not recall how I paid for them, but I would have thought I would have paid for them the same way unless maybe my husband didn't have OBC...  Should I just assume that I booked it with a gift card or a credit card and wait a couple of weeks to see if anything shows up before I call? If it was with a gift card, how long before I will receive a replacement in the mail? For those that have canceled an excursion before, do you get any sort of email showing the excursion?

I received a gift card about 2 weeks later.  I had originally used a gift card to book an excursion and cancelled.

• Like 1