The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday March 8th, 2023

13 hours ago, dfish said:

I think this is a first for us.  We just booked the Oosterdam for January 6, 2025 South America/Antarctica.  I don't think I've ever booked anything this far out.  We took advantage of the early booking perks and it seems to be a decent deal.  

We've got a big cruise this summer and then the next one will be the South America one.  In 2024 we're doing a road trip we're calling Circle Superior.  It is a driving trip around Lake Superior.  We're on our own time schedule and take as much or as little time as we want.

We booked it too, Debbie!  The early booking offer is a good one!  I got even more excited when seeing you and Sue will be onboard.  I'll never forget sharing our first post-covid journey with you guys.  That was a very special cruise.  😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

DH just checked, it would be $1200.  Thinking about this!

Excuse me, I just realized this is not a Grand voyage so you are absolutely right.  That deposit is for the Grand South America/Antarctica.  Sorry for the incorrect information.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Even more reason I want to book it now! 

Oh, I hope you guys go!!  We've heard so many good things about experiencing Antarctica and wanted to go this year -- but it just wasn't a good time to do it this year -- too many new grand babies.   We had some future cruise deposits and after putting those in, we added $600 to make a total of $1,000 for deposit, for a verandah.  I never really understand how those work, but our PCC gets it together for us and that's how it ended up.

Edited by AncientWanderer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Excuse me, I just realized this is not a Grand voyage so you are absolutely right.  That deposit is for the Grand South America/Antarctica.  Sorry for the incorrect information.

No problem Sandi!  I thought that may be what you were thinking. 😄

2 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Oh, I hope you guys go!!  We've heard so many good things about experiencing Antarctica and wanted to go this year -- but it just wasn't a good time to do it this year -- too many new grand babies.   We had some future cruise deposits and after putting those in, we added $600 to make a total of $1,000.  I never really understand how those work, but our PCC gets it together for us and that's how it ended up.

Yay!  Today is pretty busy, but hope to book it either later today or tomorrow.  Really want to do this. 🙂  

• Like 2