Advance Dining Reservations

Mahogany

I am sailing on Dawn in August. Can't remember from pre-Covid about making dining reservations. My Silversea says 120 days in advance which will be in April. My question: how many reservations can you make at the non-fee vs. fee venues? I'm on 26-night B2B.

4 hours ago, unfathomable said:

I'm not aware of any limits.

Somebody actually admitted that he made a reservation at La Terrazza for every night and then cancelled when he chose another venue. I'd be too embarrassed to admit that! And he really remembered to cancel? When at 7 PM?😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mahogany said:

Somebody actually admitted that he made a reservation at La Terrazza for every night and then cancelled when he chose another venue.

Well, at least he didn’t tie up a table in the smaller venues like La Dame, Kaiseki, Silver Note, etc.

With that said, I too couldn’t imagine doing such a thing.

8 hours ago, Mahogany said:

I am sailing on Dawn in August. Can't remember from pre-Covid about making dining reservations. My Silversea says 120 days in advance which will be in April. My question: how many reservations can you make at the non-fee vs. fee venues? I'm on 26-night B2B.

I don’t believe there are any restrictions, though obviously it’d be wrong to block book or book with no intention of attending, just because you can. I try to keep mine balanced. Luckily my Japan sailing on the Muse, I intend to make use of the open seating Indochine a fair bit. Think in the total of 16 nights I have 6 reservations, 4 for La Terrazza, I for Kaiseki and 1 for La Dame. I did have Silver Note booked, but cancelled for open seating in Atlantide for formal night.

9 hours ago, Mahogany said:

Somebody actually admitted that he made a reservation at La Terrazza for every night and then cancelled when he chose another venue. I'd be too embarrassed to admit that! And he really remembered to cancel? When at 7 PM?😬

Probably the same sort of person who puts a book and towel on a pool lounger just in case they might want to use it sometime that day. Self-entitled, sociopathic, arrogant, narcissistic morons can be like that. 

Not that I have any strong feelings about this, you understand. 

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

As a solo cruiser, I have never booked restaurants prior to boarding.  I don’t know who I might meet and want to share a table with on any given night.  I will often arrive at the main dining room (open seating) and join a share table.  Can I expect share tables on Silversea?  Otherwise the buffet will see me quite often!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Port Power said:

As a solo cruiser, I have never booked restaurants prior to boarding.  I don’t know who I might meet and want to share a table with on any given night.  I will often arrive at the main dining room (open seating) and join a share table.  Can I expect share tables on Silversea?  Otherwise the buffet will see me quite often!

You had better take some snacks with you or you may go hungry.  There is no evening/dinner buffet on Silversea.

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

Hi, depends on the restaurant. Atlantide would be considered "the main restaurant" and you can tell the Maitr'd you would like to sit with others. I sail solo all the time and have found it very easy  to meet other guests and sometimes go for drinks and dinner together. And you don't have to book a reservation ahead of time. Actually, 95% I don't book ahead.

Silversea does not offer a buffet for dinner so that would not be an option.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

It used to happen all the time until Covid. Covid ended the automatic asking if you wanted to share a table. However some of us couples will say that we don't mind sharing if anyone wants to so did end up on a couple of occasions sharing a table with a single German lady last August.

So when you enter Atlantide do tell the Maitre'd that you would like a shared table.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, depends on the restaurant. Atlantide would be considered "the main restaurant" and you can tell the Maitr'd you would like to sit with others. I sail solo all the time and have found it very easy  to meet other guests and sometimes go for drinks and dinner together. And you don't have to book a reservation ahead of time. Actually, 95% I don't book ahead.

Silversea does not offer a buffet for dinner so that would not be an option.

Thank you, Lois, I knew I could rely on you as a solo traveller, and @drron29.  The buffet comment was a characterisation as I do know that S/S doesn't have a buffet..