Taking naps during your RC cruise?

When we did the Med/Baltic cruises, we often came back to the ship hot, sweaty, hungry & tired after long shore excursions.  A shower and a nap were the perfect set up for an evening of fun.  I did learn to set a wakeup time otherwise we were awakened by the cabin attendant wanting to make up the room!   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shofer said:

When we did the Med/Baltic cruises, we often came back to the ship hot, sweaty, hungry & tired after long shore excursions.  A shower and a nap were the perfect set up for an evening of fun.  I did learn to set a wakeup time otherwise we were awakened by the cabin attendant wanting to make up the room!   

We use the "Do not disturb" magnets a lot 🙂  (I can't remember exactly what they say, but it's not "do not disturb") 

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2023 at 7:50 PM, MeHeartCruising said:

I frequently nap on sea days in my cabin.  I try to doze off in a shaded lounge chair, but I get too distracted by people watching. 

When on cruises Inwould only be in the cabin from 2AM to 6AM ,no time for napping.

23 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

This was on a different cruise line.    And it had posts from floor to ceiling that I wrapped my straps around.    Never an issue.    
But on other cruise lines they don’t have the same posts.    
So on my 29 days at sea. 3 lines. Only NCl had the posts.   
but after looking at some other peoples setup I could have used it on my msc cruise too.  Just didn’t think about it.  
Here’s a look at the post

A4714A48-CF8D-4790-8C2F-D0076E6E1A48.jpeg

Thanks for this picture, makes it clear for me.  If I've got room, I might just take mine with me for future cruises....just in case I can take it easy like you did! 🙂

14 minutes ago, PennyNC said:

Thanks for this picture, makes it clear for me.  If I've got room, I might just take mine with me for future cruises....just in case I can take it easy like you did! 🙂

I also brought some short pieces of some strong rope with me just incase I needed it.    It’s light and easy to pack.   
same as the hammock.  Light and easy to stuff in my bag.     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Subman738 said:

I had a grandson (4 y/o) that decided he wanted a nap. So he and dad went back to their cabin and napped for 4 hours!!  

Vacations can be "grueling". 😁

Everyone is excited and trying to "fit-in" as much action as possible.

Sometimes you just have to admit the "batteries" need recharging. 🤣

• Haha 1

Unfortunately I think the rocking of the ship makes me sleepy so I take a nap almost every day onboard. I don’t take naps at all when I’m home.

On port days it must be the sun that makes me sleepy haha.

I hate it because I miss some daytime activities but it does keep me awake for all of the evening events.

• Like 1