Sirena in the Canal

poinsettiaplate

The Sirena has a repeat itinerary from Miami to Panama City and reverse several times in 2024.  If there is anyone who has done this cruise since the COVID break, can you tell me how many and what type of enrichment lectures are provided about the Canal as well as the quality of the narrative while transiting?  The other ports are not attractive; I would be doing a b2b Miami-Miami solely in order to transit the complete canal in both directions.  I want it to be as entertaining and educational as possible.

I just did the Miami to Panama City to Miami on Sirena (plus a 7 day cruise beforehand) in January and February 2023.  The Canal transit was amazing!  (Even though we have done it before.)  We had fabulous enrichment lectures with Sandy Cares, an excellent lecturer on history and culture of the Caribbean.  She must have given 5 or 6 or more lectures. On the Canal transit days there was a Panamanian lecturer onboard who was fantastic!  He commented on and explained what we were seeing.   He was transmitted throughout the outside (non-stateroom) areas on the PA system.  It was wonderful!  It was really fun to watch the Canal in both directions.  We took a wonderful ship's tour of Panama City on turnaround day.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 3/8/2023 at 5:15 PM, LHT28 said:

Did they do this itinerary in 2023?

In anycase I would do the full transit if you want to really see the canal

Miami to Panama city is a full transit. I do not believe Oceania does partial transits.

Edited by edgee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Miami to Panama city is a full transit. I do not believe Oceania does partial transits.

They have a few  that go to Gatun Lake  & Colon  before heading back  to Miami

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bamagranna said:

We are on Sirena Island Tapestry cruise boarding in Panama on March 17

Any suggestions on a Jewish Heritage tour in Willemstead on March20?

How about some wheelchair accessible tours on this cruise?

I know there is a synagogue and museum, not aware of Heritage Tours. Come over to the roll call and let's see if any other's are interested and we can try to arrange a private tour.

Sandy

13 minutes ago, Bamagranna said:

I thought I was on roll call - am I not?

This is the general Oceania board.  The Roll Calls are listed as separate boards.  Perhaps @knitter would post the link to the relevant  Roll Call.  Otherwise, go to Roll Calls, selection Oceania Roll Calls, then selected the Roll Call for your ship.  Finally, search for the departure or cruise name.