Voyager's Club Expiring

MeeshaNZ

Our MSC voyagers club expires in July 2023. We are hoping to book a cruise in July 2024. As we have already sailed several times on MSC, I am hoping that we can reapply for the voyagers club in August 203 and still be able to then get the 5% discount on our 2024 cruise. Has anyone had experience with this?

Do they show anywhere on the web site when your 'expiration date' is? I think our next cruise has been booked before that happens but would like to double check.

UPDATE: Never mind, I just answered my own question: I saw their info that it expires 3 years after your last cruise, and our last cruise was in 2022 and our next is in 2024 so we're all set.

Edited by karmamule

22 hours ago, steamboats said:

I think you don´t have to reapply but you points are going down to 0 and you start with the lowest level again.

steamboats

If my points go back to 0, as a past cruiser, do you know if I can still get the voyagers club 5% discount?

56 minutes ago, MeeshaNZ said:

If my points go back to 0, as a past cruiser, do you know if I can still get the voyagers club 5% discount?

I just double checked the fine print of the MSC website (German version). It acutally says you have to reapply for a membership. For a Classic member you need at least 1 point and only as a Classic Member you get the 5%.

steamboats

2 hours ago, neptuno said:

I had read the expiration had been extended to four years due to covid, is this not correct?

yes.  I was informed of this when I booked my 2024 cruise.  I originally had the status match to Gold via RCCL in 2019.  I never sailed with MSC as the cruise I was booking I elected to cancel for a number of reasons.  I decided a couple of months ago to try MSC again.  Received 3x forv3 separate cruises 2 in December and 1 next April the Voyager Gold 5% discount.  My points are up to Gold.  

Edited by jean87510