Gluten Free on Carnival Pride

KatRangoon

My sister was vegan and gluten free.  Carnival took very good care of her, having a person come over at dinner to go over her menu for the next night.  The gluten free bread is tasty and available on Lido as well.

Here's a link to Carnival's site for that topic:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx

and this is a link to a video about Menu Mate:

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

My sister was vegan and gluten free.  Carnival took very good care of her, having a person come over at dinner to go over her menu for the next night.  The gluten free bread is tasty and available on Lido as well.

Here's a link to Carnival's site for that topic:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx

and this is a link to a video about Menu Mate:

That's great to hear! I traveled on MSC in 2018 and while they tried to accommodate it felt very limited. 

• Like 1

I cruised last May with a co-worker who needs a gluten-free menu.  Find the Menu Mates kiosk (usually located in the buffet area) and they will guide you in selections and make note of it.  It worked very well for her b/c we ate mainly in the MDR and the waitstaff was made aware of her diet needs.  Each night she was given the menu for the next day's breakfast and evening menus and pointed out her gluten-free options.  She ordered her evening meal the night before but was able to make a few adjustments the next night if her "likings" differed from the day before.   Also, because we had the same waitstaff each night, they knew her dietary needs, and also automatically brought her gluten-free bread right away so she could eat it while the rest of us enjoyed ours.  Some might think this is a small gesture, but she thought it was a huge one.  She also found that the staff was educated about gluten-free lunch options when she ordered pizza at the pizza station and a sandwich at the deli station.  The gluten-free pizza is prepared in the back, and we saw the person who was going to make it change her gloves and apron before going into the back to prepare it.  Also, for the deli, she asked if the French fries were gluten-free and was told, "no", but that the potato salad was.   It seems that Carnival is making a great effort to accommodate guests with food sensitivities and allergies, helping make their cruise an enjoyable dining experience.

Hope this helps.

Happy cruising everyone!

• Like 1

Great news that they are still doing a good job accommodating GF.  We haven't sailed Carnival since 2019 and they always did a great job.  

Sadly, finding GF and dairy free food on Royal Caribbean was a nightmare.  Many nights there was no entree that was not GF since they rolled out the new menu and removed the old standby chicken breasts and salmon from the menu.  One night everything I asked for was not available GF, so I ended up with a baked potato, 2 pieces of carrot and 2 sprigs of broccoli.  Lost 7 pounds on a 5 night cruise.  There was not one dessert on the ship that I could have the entire time!