Monkey bread Discovery Princess

quincytoo

I had a recipe.  Pretty much a good white bread recipe.  Make balls, dip in butter, roll in sugar/cinnamon, stack in a bundt pan.  

You can do a cheater version with Pillsbury rolls.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, californiagirl said:

If you are going to do a cheater version IMHO Rhodes frozen yeast rolls are better.  Just thaw and cut into smaller pieces and roll as above instructions.  Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes.

Agree.  Rhodes are delicious for this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I had a recipe.  Pretty much a good white bread recipe.  Make balls, dip in butter, roll in sugar/cinnamon, stack in a bundt pan.  

You can do a cheater version with Pillsbury rolls.

We do the Pillsbury version - my one job is to pop the can open and cut each roll into 4 pieces and shake them in a bag with sugar/cinn - not dipping in butter.  It's been a family tradition for years at Christmas.  As a military family we did without a lot several times during Christmas - but not the Monkey Bread!!!  Kids are grown and gone - but now they make their own.  I can't believe the IC had it!!!!

• Like 2

We discovered it on Regal Princess but found on our Grand Princess cruise they served it in a pan rather than the stack.  Wasn't as good in my opinion.  I'll be checking IC on our upcoming Sky Princess!

take your monkey bread recipe up a notch, add in some bourbon and cut up bacon! Don't ask me how much though because my wife makes ours.  But I imagine she uses at least a half pound of bacon if not a full pound. not sure how much bourbon.

1 hour ago, FritzG said:

On Enchanted since February 7th it was in the buffet only.  

I saw a recipe for pizza monkey bread recently;  you put the dough balls in pizza sauce and cheese.  

It's avaliable at the IC every morning arriving at 5 AM. They'll heat it for you in the microwave unlike the buffet where sometimes it's barely warm.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It's avaliable at the IC every morning arriving at 5 AM. They'll heat it for you in the microwave unlike the buffet where sometimes it's barely warm.

At the IC they had it under warming lights 

I saw it on the buffet but thought no thanks 

19 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Darn, I looked for it at IC every morning on my way to Sabatinis for breakfast around 8:30. 

8 hours ago, quincytoo said:

At the IC they had it under warming lights 

I saw it on the buffet but thought no thanks 

They did keep it warm under the lamp but would also microwave it if needed. 

At the buffet they didn't begin to heat under the lamps until around 7 AM or so and by that time it was cold and unappealing.