Crown Grill cost for children?

dritan

Hi all

I've had a search on here and saw a thread where several different ages were given for what age limit is considered a "child" for Crown Grill.  I have a 12 year old daughter who is considered a child for excursion costs, so have assumed that she would also be considered a child in Crown Grill?  However when I've gone onto the app to book dinner for 4 ( 2 adults, 14 year old son ( who I assume is adult pricing) and my 12 year old) - it looks like it is charging full price for all 4.

Is this just an issue on the app or is my 12 year old considered an adult in different areas of the ship 😉

I've had a look on the website and can't see any reference to this.

Thanks

Last time I sailed with my 9 year old daughter and 16 year old son, they had no interest in long dinners away from their Kids Klub friends.  The son met his buddies in the buffet, the daughter had a fabulous room service meal in the cabin while hubby and I were getting ready for a later dinner in the Crown Grill.  She was checked in to the kids program at 7 pm; we went on to our reservation without them.

4 hours ago, Sail away MK said:

Last time I sailed with my 9 year old daughter and 16 year old son, they had no interest in long dinners away from their Kids Klub friends.  The son met his buddies in the buffet, the daughter had a fabulous room service meal in the cabin while hubby and I were getting ready for a later dinner in the Crown Grill.  She was checked in to the kids program at 7 pm; we went on to our reservation without them.

Alas my daughter is at that awkward age where she doesn't want to be in a kids club with 9-12 year olds and is a bit introvert.  She seems to be happy hanging out with me - I'm looking forward to sailing on a ship where I can locate my son though.  

But this dinner is for the first night, mainly to avoid the expected first night issues in the MDR ( it's also the first Southampton embarkation, so not expecting everything to be smooth on that first evening).

I've used the "Live Chat" on the princess website and they have said that 12 year olds are priced as kids.  It changes to adult when they turn 13.  

The app for me shows the same screen as above but when I selected the people and booked it used adult pricing for all 4.  Odd.