Embarkation Elite Passengers

Caddy928

28 minutes ago, SteelerFanXL said:

Do Elites wait in line with everyone else at Port Everglades Florida or is there a separate line to enter the waiting area?  Have not cruised since pre covid and wondering about changes.

This applies to Terminal 2 at Port Everglades for Platinum/Elite/Suites and is enforced by the honor system.

• Separate line outside terminal building that gets you to security/x-rays, but no dedicated x-ray line.
  • Separate line for check-in.
  • Separate boarding lounge on 2nd floor; only applies if you arrive before boarding commences.

2 hours ago, Caddy928 said:

Can you arrive earlier than the Group status on app?  Elite was always priority.  In speaking with customer service, they stated just show up.  That just doesn’t seem right. 

Customer service is correct--just show up before the check-in cutoff.  At this moment, no one looks at the QR code or Arrival Group; this could change in the future.  There is a separate line for Platinum/Elite/Suites to get you to a check-in agent faster.  If you want to make use of the Platinum/Elite boarding lounge, assuming that there will be one at your embarkation port, make sure to arrive super early.  Once the initial crowd that checked-in early is boarded, it's a free for all.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 10:29 AM, SCX22 said:

This applies to Terminal 2 at Port Everglades for Platinum/Elite/Suites and is enforced by the honor system.

• Separate line outside terminal building that gets you to security/x-rays, but no dedicated x-ray line.
  • Separate line for check-in.
  • Separate boarding lounge on 2nd floor; only applies if you arrive before boarding commences.

FWIW, when we boarded the Sky at T2 a few weeks ago, they didn't use the 2nd story "lounge". Boarding was so early that we sat in the first floor waiting area and starting boarding from there. The B2Bers went on first, followed by us Elites, then Platinum etc. On the other hand, when we boarded the Sky in November, they did use the 2nd floor lounge.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

FWIW, when we boarded the Sky at T2 a few weeks ago, they didn't use the 2nd story "lounge". Boarding was so early that we sat in the first floor waiting area and starting boarding from there. The B2Bers went on first, followed by us Elites, then Platinum etc. 

Exact same thing happened for the Enchanted. 

They're getting better. 

23 minutes ago, Caddy928 said:

So how early can you check in?

It will vary a bit from sailing to sailing, but in February, T2 at PE for the Sky, we checked in around 9:30 give or take a few minutes. Arriving that early, we did have to sit in the waiting room (as mentioned above, there was no Elite/Platinum waiting area this time) until boarding started around 11.  Depending on how things went with the previous sailing, arriving that early, you may or may not have to stand in line outside until the check-in lines open.  Then again, arriving that early means there is no lining up for anything, you just walk from station to station checking in, collecting Medallions etc then head for the waiting room.

43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Seems odd they wouldn't use the upstairs holding room since it is right beside the ramps to the ship.

It was a surprise to us as well, as we did use the upstairs room just a few months earlier. I suspect that they were aware that boarding was going to go so fast that there was little need to set up the upstairs "lounge" with it's coffee and munchies service, as we only sat a comparatively short time downstairs before boarding started.  Problem was, given the size of the downstairs holding area, we were much farther back in the boarding line than we would have been had we been in the upstairs lounge. That meant that a lot of folks got to board before us, and we were very late in getting upstairs to the Sanctuary

7 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

It was a surprise to us as well, as we did use the upstairs room just a few months earlier. I suspect that they were aware that boarding was going to go so fast that there was little need to set up the upstairs "lounge" with it's coffee and munchies service, as we only sat a comparatively short time downstairs before boarding started.  Problem was, given the size of the downstairs holding area, we were much farther back in the boarding line than we would have been had we been in the upstairs lounge. That meant that a lot of folks got to board before us, and we were very late in getting upstairs to the Sanctuary

Hmm.  I guess you need to camp by the door.  Doesn't seem right, but I am wondering if they didn't know how to organize it from the standard setup.

• Like 1

I won’t have United States wifi. Will I be able to use the medallion. So far can’t get it to work here in Canada.   I am elite and flying in the day of the cruise so won’t get to the port until probably 11:30 am at least.   Thanks

31 minutes ago, White123 said:

I won’t have United States wifi. Will I be able to use the medallion. So far can’t get it to work here in Canada.   I am elite and flying in the day of the cruise so won’t get to the port until probably 11:30 am at least.   Thanks

I believe the medallion works off of the intranet. Not internet?  Someone else more techy can answer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, White123 said:

You can use the Medallion app on the ship's wifi without having to buy a wifi package.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, White123 said:

I am not sure what you are trying to state.  You do not need US Wifi to use internet in Ontario (not sure what you mean here).  Second sentence:  do you mean the Princess App (formerly Medallion Class App)?  You should not have a physical Medallion yet as they don't ship to Canada.  The physical Medallion is your Cruise Card to open cabin, identify yourself to ship personnel.  GL with same-day travel - I hope it isn't during winter weather.

I booked my air through princess so they have to get me to the ship one way or another.  I am not purchasing United States coverage through my Canadian provider.     Understand now if I keep my phone on airplane mode I won’t be charged.   Haven’t cruised princess since before the pandemic. A lot has changed 

15 minutes ago, White123 said:

I booked my air through princess so they have to get me to the ship one way or another.  I am not purchasing United States coverage through my Canadian provider.     Understand now if I keep my phone on airplane mode I won’t be charged.   Haven’t cruised princess since before the pandemic. A lot has changed 

Not sure what EZAir's guarantee has to do with using the Medallion app over the ship's wifi.  If you miss your cruise and are stuck somewhere in the US you may have to take your phone off airplane mode if you want to call EZAir's enroute number from it.

Heres the scoop…the terminal opened doors for Elite/Platinum/suite guests at 10. Go inside and checkin with passports. If u have medallion, they activate it, check your photo and passport. If not, a different line. Go upstairs to waiting area. Elite lounge has coffee, juice, pastry. Boarding is at 11

I find it so much easier now that we have the medallion app on phone. But of course we do not arrive until just prior to departure and bring all our own luggage on board with us and walk straight up to our room.