At Wit's End with Technical Issues

Margo39

Is anyone else having significant technical issues with the website and the app? At this point, I have tried to "register" to see my sailing so many times that there are multiple accounts. I've spent at least FIVE HOURS on the phone with Princess to get this resolved and I can't get any answers or help. Each time, they tell me that they will merge the accounts, it will take 24 hours, and to call back. When I call back, we start all over again. I can see my sailing on the app, but can't get into the website. I can't see prior sailings. This is SO frustrating, and it's souring me on the brand completely, probably forever. Totally unacceptable. What's going on? Does anyone have a direct number to IT (not the medallion people) so I can talk to someone who can resolve this? 

Edited by Margo39
  • Like 1

I suspect the person you are talking to is not actually a qualified web tech who can answer anything having to do with site glitches.   They can’t tell you if your browser is incompatible with the web based gui they used to build their page, or walk you through clearing out your cache and cookies (which solves about 80% off all function issues, btw) or can even log in to your account to delete mistakenly created shopping carts and profile changes. 

Even if the person to whom you are speaking says, “let me get someone who can help you with this” and hands you off to someone else.   That person is only passing you off the the person in the next cubicle who us just less busy than she is.  

They are sales and booking agents.  They are not web techs.  

Most people who know all the little tricks about knowing where to find their stored browser history, or what websites still try to use that awful Flash software, or why buttons are greyed out and so on will likely never post here.  

It will be mostly the good folks who have all they can do to find their browser icon and remember all of their logon profiles and passwords who will create the weekly new “OMG This Website!!” threads.  

God luvvem. 

Edited by CapnCrews

One of the biggest flaws with the Princess apps is the ability for one person to multi-register.  I think you have gotten yourself into that trap.  My wife has also, but in a bit different way.  As we are previous cruisers we have Captain’s Circle numbers so our logins need to be synced with our individual loyalty numbers.  A long time ago I got all my information synced up so my login is linked to my Captain’s Circle account, and as I understand it, that is then linked to the website login.  I also understand that is also linked to your Medallion.

When you call, are you talking to stateside support or overseas support?  And are they able to provide a solution while you are on the phone or do they indicate they have to defer to another department by opening a case with another group?

• Thanks 1

The week before our first Princess cruise (which departs tomorrow), the app/website kicked my husband off our reservation. It deleted him from our shared credit card, deleted all of his dinner reservations with our family, and his app kept telling him our booking number didn't exist. We finally got him reinstated on everything, which took forever because both the app and the check-in section of the website would not work at all for several days. However, it now says he is Blue Lane (instead of the Green he was before) and will have to pick up his Medallion at the port - even though his Medallion is literally right here in our hands.

It's absolutely ridiculous. I've sailed several different lines and never encountered tech issues this bad.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Margo39 said:

At this point, I have tried to "register" to see my sailing so many times that there are multiple accounts.

That was the first mistake.

Princess' servers take a long time to refresh.  You should wait 24 hours and see if the data you registered took.  If it didn't, then call the Medallion Tech support. 

For the Blue/Green Lane check in for example:  you'll still show Blue Lane immediately after completing all steps of check-in.  After a few days, the App will suddenly generate a Green Lane.  A lot of people panic when they don't get Green Lane right away.

You should try e-mailing askoceanmedallion@carnival.com.  It's Medallion IT, but I and many others have had better luck getting desired results.

6 hours ago, Margo39 said:

Is anyone else having significant technical issues with the website and the app? At this point, I have tried to "register" to see my sailing so many times that there are multiple accounts. I've spent at least FIVE HOURS on the phone with Princess to get this resolved and I can't get any answers or help. Each time, they tell me that they will merge the accounts, it will take 24 hours, and to call back. When I call back, we start all over again. I can see my sailing on the app, but can't get into the website. I can't see prior sailings. This is SO frustrating, and it's souring me on the brand completely, probably forever. Totally unacceptable. What's going on? Does anyone have a direct number to IT (not the medallion people) so I can talk to someone who can resolve this? 

Is the color of the logo next to your profile picture match your correct Captains Club Status?

Does the web version of medallion say that your booking has already been claimed when you try to access it?

If you answer No to the first and yes to the second then you have run into the same problem as a number of us have.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the advice, everyone. After spending another two hours on the phone, we found a customer support rep who took ownership of the issue and fixed it. He had to call us back multiple times, but in the end, he got the job done. Since we had cruised with Princess in the past, they had to delete all new accounts that were not associated with the primary loyalty account. Several prior reps had told us that they had done this, but it hadn’t worked until we found this one guy who was diligent in getting the job done. He was in customer support, by the way, not in tech  support. We are so grateful to him.  

There is still an issue with the app, but I really don’t have the patience to deal with it and for now, and possibly maybe forever, we will be logging in to the app with the booking number since that is the only way we can get in. 

Unless we are completely blown away by this cruise and the staff, we will likely never cruise with Princess again.

Fed up.