Family Group with some with Any Time Dinning & Others Fixed Time - HELP

sjhanksaz

4 hours ago, Mark_T said:

It can't hurt, but if there is a medical need to eat early then it was very unwise to book an experience that doesn't offer that certainty...

Be prepared to accept that they may be able to accommodate you and your wife at an early sitting but not the entire party...

If they can accommodate you all that would be great, but it is not something you are all entitled to insist on, so flexibility is going to be key to enjoy what you have paid for.

We reserved the early dinning and I have it in an email from MSC.  The issue is they decided to change us to the late without telling us.  I found out when I saw it when I downloaded their APP and brought up my booking.

Even though I have it in a previous email MSC said they can just change our dining time at will because of our low experience.  I didn't know they could or would do that.

And to top it all off they changed it after we made our final payment

Edited by sjhanksaz

4 minutes ago, sjhanksaz said:

We reserved the early dinning and I have it in an email from MSC.  The issue is they decided to change us to the late without telling us.  I found out when I saw it when I downloaded their APP and brought up my booking.

That's the problem, you didn't 'reserve' it, you requested it, and below Aurea that is as good as it gets.

I know it can be a lot to take on when you are not familiar with the way a cruise line works, but with MSC it is never wise to mix experiences between cabins in a group traveling together and especially if it is a larger group it may not be so easy to get exactly what you want in terms of sitting...

13 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

That's the problem, you didn't 'reserve' it, you requested it, and below Aurea that is as good as it gets.

I know it can be a lot to take on when you are not familiar with the way a cruise line works, but with MSC it is never wise to mix experiences between cabins in a group traveling together and especially if it is a larger group it may not be so easy to get exactly what you want in terms of sitting...

I am learning that.  I got one brother with all the money in the world and a sister who likes to go bear bones.  I am in the middle along with my dad on the money we will spend.  This family dynanic is making it really fun.

On a positive note I did call today and the MSC rep changed my dining to the earlier with no problems.  So the request is in and approved for now.

Just now, sjhanksaz said:

On a positive note I did call today and the MSC rep changed my dining to the earlier with no problems.  So the request is in and approved for now.

Just to set expectations, consider your request as being noted, but don't think of it as approved until you see it on your ship card when you board.

Not ideal I know, but just trying to manage expectations, so be prepared to follow the instructions above if you are not all assigned what you need when you get there...

8 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Just to set expectations, consider your request as being noted, but don't think of it as approved until you see it on your ship card when you board.

Not ideal I know, but just trying to manage expectations, so be prepared to follow the instructions above if you are not all assigned what you need when you get there...

Thanks that is why I said "approved for now"  I am learning!!!

• Like 1

The saga continues.    

MSC told my sister who called about the dining time that my dad who didn’t purchase the drink package he may not be able to sit with us.  

none of us drink alcohol but it came with our back Friday sale. 

so will they really make our 80 year old father sit at a different table?

22 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Certainly they will not do this, but also certainly the rep on the phone cannot tell you anything but the official rules. 

It's probably a "rule" to scare you into thinking that you need to purchase the drink package for your family member so they can make some more money.

Edited by sjhanksaz

• 1 month later...

So we bid on an upgrade to go to a partially obstructed deluxe ocean view balcony and bid the minimum of $75 each and we were granted an upgrade to a suite on the same level with an ocean view. 

My app says my experience is now an Aurea but on my updated e-ticket it sates I am still a Bella but when I scroll down there is a special service page that says Aurea..   I wonder which one I am now???

Will I still get the free choice dining and priority boarding?