Babysitting on Eclipse

lesliehr

A few questions for our upcoming multi-generational family cruise to Alaska:

Can onboard credit be used for babysitting fees for our 18 month old granddaughter?

The app doesn’t explicitly state age limitations for excursions.  Will the baby be charged same as an adult?  I’ve looked around the internet and can’t seem to find these answers.

Thanks for any info you’re willing to share.

Debbie

I believe that in room babysitting was limited to some upper suites only but please ask on board because as time has passed since the restart it may be something they will offer again. It was a way for some staff members to make extra money so it may be allowed again now.

As I recall, it was quite expensive because it required two staff members, since they never wanted to have just one alone with the child

As to age limit, I would not only look at the app. Information there is truncated. Go to the website.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lesliehr said:

A few questions for our upcoming multi-generational family cruise to Alaska:

Can onboard credit be used for babysitting fees for our 18 month old granddaughter?

The app doesn’t explicitly state age limitations for excursions.  Will the baby be charged same as an adult?  I’ve looked around the internet and can’t seem to find these answers.

Thanks for any info you’re willing to share.

Debbie

Many shore excursions will quote a price for children as well as adults.  If you don't see it in the Celebrity app, you should go to your Cruise Planner section in Celebrity's website.

image.thumb.png.20eb43aff44bce17e5eeb280f4a17e54.png

• Like 1

Babysitting is restricted to those in Suites, and is subject to ship availability. I have yet to have it offered since return to cruising, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. It will be charged to your folio so yes, OBC can be used.

Hopefully someone with experience recently can let you know about Eclipse.

For excursions, many have strict age limits and many can accommodate infants that are not shown. Do not assume you can book the whole family if the infant shows online as “not bookable”. Since you have a larger group it is helpful to contact Private Journeys to help make the booking and they know most of the actual restrictions.

Edited by Kreative03

11 hours ago, Kreative03 said:

Babysitting is restricted to those in Suites, and is subject to ship availability. I have yet to have it offered since return to cruising, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. It will be charged to your folio so yes, OBC can be used.

Hopefully someone with experience recently can let you know about Eclipse.

For excursions, many have strict age limits and many can accommodate infants that are not shown. Do not assume you can book the whole family if the infant shows online as “not bookable”. Since you have a larger group it is helpful to contact Private Journeys to help make the booking and they know most of the actual restrictions.

So helpful!  Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.