Food to go from the restaurants ???

raphael360

Has anyone ever tried to order food 'to go from' any of the restaurants?  

I love steak and eggs served in the Wake and would like to get it 'to go' so I can eat it up in the Gallay with a friend who doesn't like the Wake's food options. The same steak and eggs option is not offered via room service.

Thank you for the info...

nope, they're not set up for that, unless you're a mega rockstar.  you have to sit down and order whatever from the wake or razzle dazzle.  i guess the crew wouldn't physically stop you from leaving with a plate of food, but that would be a bit weird to do.

36 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

nope, they're not set up for that, unless you're a mega rockstar.  you have to sit down and order whatever from the wake or razzle dazzle.  i guess the crew wouldn't physically stop you from leaving with a plate of food, but that would be a bit weird to do.

I figured that was the answer.  Regarding leaving with a plate of food:  I'm capable of doing that in a heartbeat (and much weirder things too).... 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We did convince them to allow us to get desert to go a couple of times....but they made a point of saying they weren't supposed to.  On the other hand, taking food from The Galley "to go" is easy, regardless of which station it came from....and I don't know if they would prevent your friend from bringing it into The Wake.

2 hours ago, raphael360 said:

the Wake has the best steak

debatable haha - the wake will never be "great," and is the most underwhelming restaurant on the ship (still good, but not something i'm salivating over!)  i think pink agave and extra virgin's steaks and the filet on the test kitchen menu if it's on that version run circles around the wake any day!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

debatable haha - the wake will never be "great," and is the most underwhelming restaurant on the ship (still good, but not something i'm salivating over!)  i think pink agave and extra virgin's steaks and the filet on the test kitchen menu if it's on that version run circles around the wake any day!

yep I enjoyed the lamb in the Wake but steak is better elsewhere. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

Agree, the steak at Extra Virgin was sooo much better than the filet I had at The Wake.  Even the steak at Razzle Dazzle was better.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I think the best steak is the ribeye from Pink Agave.

I love this picture and can't wait to try it.  

As I'm allergic to almost all spices (onion/onion powder, flavor enhancers, etc, and almost all other spices) I can only eat plain 'naked' steak (beef with nothing else added).  The Wake serves up a plain steak without spices upon request so I'm hoping the other restaurants can do the same to accommodate my food allergies.

2 hours ago, raphael360 said:

I love this picture and can't wait to try it.  

As I'm allergic to almost all spices (onion/onion powder, flavor enhancers, etc, and almost all other spices) I can only eat plain 'naked' steak (beef with nothing else added).  The Wake serves up a plain steak without spices upon request so I'm hoping the other restaurants can do the same to accommodate my food allergies.

We have found every restaurant very accommodating regarding allergies.  I'd be greatly surprised if you had any issues.  Just let them know at check in, and your server will confirm again at the table before ordering.  They will then repeat back the allergy instructions when they bring the food to the table.  If the instructions are complex, sometimes a chef will come out to speak with you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Try the secret steak in Razzle Dazzle as well.  Funny that the steak restaurant doesn't have the best steak.

Is that on both ships? I've seen some YouTube videos where the "secret" dish at Razzle Dazzle is butter chicken, which is much less likely to get my attention. Also, any pictures of the secret steak?

Just now, Jessetfan said:

Is that on both ships? I've seen some YouTube videos where the "secret" dish at Razzle Dazzle is butter chicken, which is much less likely to get my attention. Also, any pictures of the secret steak?

On both ships last year we were offered Butter Chicken and a steak as the secret menu items. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jessetfan said:

Steak and butter chicken are both available on the secret menu. Here's the steak. Sorry for the bad angle, it was ordered by my travel companion and not me. 

20230315_093137.jpg

• Like 1