Earliest realistic flight from MIA?

mistyinca

Our FLL flight got moved to 11AM from POM. We have FTTF, will do self assist, and Uber/Lyft. This will only work if the cruise disembarks on time. Any hiccup there and we don't make the flight. We would have standby on their later flights. Since only 1 of us needs to be back that day, we will prioritize who goes if we don't make. Many have said they have done and an equal number have said not to. Unfortunately, we can't move our flight because of the cost increase. 

A couple years ago we had a 10:30am flight on American. We self-disembarked among the first off, got an immediate taxi and were quickly at the airport. We waitlisted for the 8:30am flight and waited at that gate. They had seats and we were put on it. We have TSA-precheck. So even 8:30am is possible but everything has to go your way. 10:00am is possible too if you have TSA-pre.

Last Sunday....I had plenty of time to get off the Carnival Horizon and get to American Airlines for my 10:04 am departure.  I was very anxious about it so I took a taxi....$42 on the meter....gave $15 tip.

You would have to carry off luggage and be in line to disembark at 7 am.....Pre-check at airport, too.

Good luck.

David

8 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

Last Sunday....I had plenty of time to get off the Carnival Horizon and get to American Airlines for my 10:04 am departure.  I was very anxious about it so I took a taxi....$42 on the meter....gave $15 tip.

You would have to carry off luggage and be in line to disembark at 7 am.....Pre-check at airport, too.

Good luck.

David

$42 on the meter means your cab driver took the long way to MIA - should have been $30-35

You may make it.  But you might not.

If it was me I wouldn't do it but I don't want to spend half the cruise worrying about it.

See what other options you have.  

Since it is March of 2024 you won't know the flight schedules for a bit longer.

Keith

• Like 1