New Policy, only one entree at a time?

1 minute ago, Ryder101 said:

How about stopping passengers from bringing any alcohol on board. The ship's bars loose money for every bottle of wine and champagne passengers bring on themselves. Then the rest of us have to pay more per drink.

Not sure what that has to do with wasting food in the Windjammer but whatever.

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

Not sure what that has to do with wasting food in the Windjammer but whatever.

You agreed with someone who felt people take to much at the WJ. Was just responding to you both. It's not something you can control. Not without becoming a prison.

Just now, Ryder101 said:

It was said if people would not take so much on their plates. So it kinda was. That's what I reacted to.

I think the implication was that people would voluntarily reduce how much they took. I don't recall seeing anyone suggest that doing that would be forced on anyone. If forcing it was suggested I must have missed it.

I think the implication was that people would voluntarily reduce how much they took. I don't recall seeing anyone suggest that doing that would be forced on anyone. If forcing it was suggested I must have missed it.

But come on. On what planet would people who paid money by the way voluntarily reduce what they took and ate at a buffet on their vacation. 

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Am I the only one who sees what the original post said/suggested as silly and pointless?

24 minutes ago, Markus201 said:

You have to make enough food in advance to cover say 7000 passengers. You can't risk running out. Nobody is blindly over charging for it. They plan that out long in advance. 

Based on prior cruise results.  If people wasted less, they could serve less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know. Others would have to weigh in on that (pardon the pun). 

Again, they loose their s*** over one lobster vs 2. The the topic was people angry about one entree at a time instead of two. Limit your buffet intake? Based on everything I just mentioned, I'm sure they would love it.

1 minute ago, Ryder101 said:

Again, they loose their s*** over one lobster vs 2. The the topic was people angry about one entree at a time instead of two. Limit your buffet intake? Based on everything I just mentioned, I'm sure they would love it.

As I've said before, I'm not suggesting that it be a rule.

As I've said before, I'm not suggesting that it be a rule.

I get that. It was just a waste of time thing for the op to suggest. Because it can't happen.

I could say if people would stop committing crime, we could save money on police. Why bother to say silly "ifs".

5 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

don't be too sure 

after our request to the waiter , we were quietly told by the head waiter that thier hands were tied 

Well that would not be good enough for me - you gave up too soon - make noise and you will get it!

I'm ready to file a registered complaint against the hotel director - messing up his bonus stats....

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 8:35 AM, Mom*3 said:

We are on board Wonder currently. Our waiter has no problem bringing multiple entrees at the same time. I posted in another thread, he understands when we want to share, or if we seem undecided about 2 items. My husband ordered 1 Calamari last night, but he brought out 2 at the same time. (I had read ahead of time that they were small and to maybe order 2, but my husband was ordering a 2nd appetizer anyway, so I didn’t mention it.) We will have to wait and see what happens on Lobster night, my husband normally asks for a surf and turf combo. Obviously, this could just be our waiter. He’s very accommodating, similar to past cruises. 

Same with our Odyssey cruise last month. Multiple entrees, apps, desserts per person, brought out at the same time, no issue. 

16 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

I have a different oppinion on that!

I don't belive in the survey - I belive in action right onboard!

Yes but I get the impression, perhaps erroneously, that your “action” is confrontational.  I get what I want NOW or I will create a scene!!  IMHO not the best way to get what you want.  But you do you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, poocher said:

Yes but I get the impression, perhaps erroneously, that your “action” is confrontational.  I get what I want NOW or I will create a scene!!  IMHO not the best way to get what you want.  But you do you.

When I was younger, I definitely was more confrontational.

Only after comparing the results of my confrontational and non-confrontational moments, I try to make sure I know what I feel is an appropriate response and solution before I approach people.

What would satisfy me as a solution and what is possible as a remedy?

In most cases, it works. In rare cases, I just stay as long as possible in line (at guest services) until a get a viable solution or an absolute no.

My final vote on a discretionary vacation is not get mad or even, I take my dollars elsewhere. 

I am still cruising. How much will depend on my experiences.