Which deck to choose

Ladycommonsense

More questions from a Saga newbie so do bear with me please. From everything I’ve read on here and on various other sites it seems that, as most people pre-register, it will be those people that get the cabins in better locations. I think we are therefore resigning ourselves to being quite low down in the ship….. so my question is this please; it looks as if there are a lot of cabins on E deck which are above the club and playhouse, given this to be the case, does a lot of noise escape from these two venues into the cabins above. Also, what is the stability of the ship like it what is situated in aft cabin is. It is a position I prefer actually, however I’ve now become used to the new larger monster-style ships which tend to be very very stable indeed.

What counts as a better location can be different for other people. Some like high, some like low, some like forward, some like middle, some like us prefer aft. Generally middle and low is the most stable but we haven't found aft on C or D deck to be particularly unstable. E deck standard cabins generally sell out relatively quickly, or at least the discount falls rapidly as they are the cheapest cabins available so you are unlikely to have to be low down in the ship unless for price or other reasons you want to be. As someone has pointed out on another thread, the aft E deck cabins are not on sale early on as they are reserved for entertainers etc. 

2 hours ago, david05 said:

What counts as a better location can be different for other people. Some like high, some like low, some like forward, some like middle, some like us prefer aft. Generally middle and low is the most stable but we haven't found aft on C or D deck to be particularly unstable. E deck standard cabins generally sell out relatively quickly, or at least the discount falls rapidly as they are the cheapest cabins available so you are unlikely to have to be low down in the ship unless for price or other reasons you want to be. As someone has pointed out on another thread, the aft E deck cabins are not on sale early on as they are reserved for entertainers etc. 

Thank you so much for the information. I guess having got used to the huge ships and their stability, my interest was really about the stability of these smaller shops…… and you have answered that perfectly. Thank you.

The early booking discount applies to each cabin grade individually not collectively. So some grades may for example, still be selling at a 35% discount whilst the discount on others may have fallen to 30% or less. Sometimes this means that a higher grade cabin may temporarily be selling for less than one in a lower grade. So it pays to get quotes on more than one grade.

5 hours ago, david05 said:

Entertainers are housed anywhere on the ship . We had a few up on the Sun deck