no excursions available? epic july 2024?

amandaaa04

Hi!

My fiance and I just book 10 day italy/greece on NCL Epic leaving from Rome on July 8, 2024 for our honeymoon. It seems when on the "explore and plan" page that there are only a few excursions available for the whole trip, most of them in one port and all including wine tasting. I feel like we still have a good amount of time and shouldn't need to book things this early so my question is really will more be added or are we too late to book excursions well over a year out? Will more pop up? Thanks!

You’re not too far out to book excursions. We are booked on the June 5th 9 day Med cruise on the Breakaway and I was disappointed with the NCL excursion offerings. There weren’t many and they were very overpriced in my opinion. I booked all of my excursions with Viator. I’ve used them before in various ports and they have many reasonable options with local providers. I didn’t book one excursion with NCL for this trip. 

dont worry right now. as time gets closer to your sailing date, i assure  you many more shore excursions will open up. you dont think ncl will miss a chance   to make a few bucks do you?   we have a 21 day cruise booked for march 2024 from capetown to barcelona, and right now there are only 7 excursions available, and they are all in the 2 ports of the canary islands, and none of which i have any interest in taking.

5 hours ago, cmaygar said:

You’re not too far out to book excursions. We are booked on the June 5th 9 day Med cruise on the Breakaway and I was disappointed with the NCL excursion offerings. There weren’t many and they were very overpriced in my opinion. I booked all of my excursions with Viator. I’ve used them before in various ports and they have many reasonable options with local providers. I didn’t book one excursion with NCL for this trip. 

They are too far out for the full list of excursions to be offered yet.

Excursions are added as and when NCL release them. It can vary, with some appearing years out and some only a few months.

In the OPs case there are only a few showing for a cruise over a year away. There will certainly be many more added.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is that they update the offerings 120 days prior to the start of your cruise.  Just an educated guess here, but I am betting the excursions you see when you go into your reservation are just for those operators who have already submitted their contracts for 2024.  From the main page on NCL, if you click on 'explore' and then 'shore excursions' you will see a full list of what is being offered to current cruisers.  I am betting most of those will be available for future cruises when they do the 120 update prior.  I'm sailing March 8th 2024.

dont worry, ncl never misses  chance to separate it's passengers from their $$$. i assure you, there will be many, many shore excursions available buy the time you get ready to sail.

we're on the dawn march 2024 from capetown to barcelona, 21 days, and right now thee are only 7 excursions listed, and they are all for the canary islands, and not  one of them interest me.

2 hours ago, beatricerose3 said:

My understanding is that they update the offerings 120 days prior to the start of your cruise.  Just an educated guess here, but I am betting the excursions you see when you go into your reservation are just for those operators who have already submitted their contracts for 2024.  From the main page on NCL, if you click on 'explore' and then 'shore excursions' you will see a full list of what is being offered to current cruisers.  I am betting most of those will be available for future cruises when they do the 120 update prior.  I'm sailing March 8th 2024.

There is no 120 day out thing with shore excursions. They just update as and when they agree contracts etc with suppliers.