Cabin equipment before and now?

lucas34

1 minute ago, KYBOB said:

OK I heard / read some place someone brought empty bottles with them for the purpose of filling them up with the soap/conditioner/hand cream that was left over when they left the cruise. And there was a big discussion as to weather it was right or wrong for them to do that. 

Facepalm-picard GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I did say I was in a full suite. I really didn't care about not getting all the other stuff we use to get. I bring my own shampoo, conditioner, and bath soap anyway.

Sorry. I missed that. My eyes aren't what they used to be. 

3 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I was on 5 different ships last year and never once saw chocolates?  Where in the buffet are they located?

There not wrapped chocolates but chocolates added to waffles at breakfast and crepes at dinner.

On 3/14/2023 at 2:50 PM, lucas34 said:

I would be interested to know which of the following products are no longer available in the non-suite cabin:

-stationery and envelopes?

-pen?

-sweet dreams chocolate?

-canvas bag?

-body & hand lotion?

-nail file?

-cotton wool?

-mini sewing tools?

-shower cap?

-bathrobe?

-slippers?

-fruit basket?

-cabin booklet about destinations?

the only things on your list available are:

dispenser of lotion (not individual sized)

bathrobe on request

also no bar of soap

Edited by travelin.sisters
clarity

On our Antarctic cruise December 2022 we received slippers and blue bag.   Sewing kit was available on request at Guest Services.  Cabin Steward had pens available.   Nasty, watery lotion in pump bottles on counter in bathroom.   Looked and felt watered down.

5 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I am always amused at how this becomes an issue. 

It's a personal preference.  I don't care for the dispensers because they either dispense too much or not enough at a time.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

There not wrapped chocolates but chocolates added to waffles at breakfast and crepes at dinner.

Um no that's chocolate.  Chocolates are filled with caramel, more chocolate, toffee, almonds etc. I thought I totally missed out lol.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Um no that's chocolate.  Chocolates are filled with caramel, more chocolate, toffee, almonds etc. I thought I totally missed out lol.

They never had that on Princess unless it was for the full suites only. 

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

So like semi-sweet chips? Or larger pieces than that?

Have you asked for some or seen anyone else do so?

17 minutes ago, caribill said:

So like semi-sweet chips? Or larger pieces than that?

Have you asked for some or seen anyone else do so?

It was only those small chocolate chips they use to add to chocolate chip cookies. Regular/semisweet were available in the morning & regular and white were in the evening. I presented a coffee cup from the coffee area.

I didn't see others asking for them not that the crew cares.

On 3/14/2023 at 3:50 PM, lucas34 said:

I would be interested to know which of the following products are no longer available in the non-suite cabin:

-stationery and envelopes?

-pen?

-sweet dreams chocolate?

-canvas bag?

-body & hand lotion?

-nail file?

-cotton wool?

-mini sewing tools?

-shower cap?

-bathrobe?

-slippers?

-fruit basket?

-cabin booklet about destinations?

I was just in a deluxe balcony cabin on the Ruby and like @travelin.sisters said,  they do provide lotions in the bathroom and bathrobes are available on request.  

Edited by TAW1963

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I will admit that I am a germaphobe.  When refillable bottles first came on the market, I asked the vendor how sanitary this would be.  I was attending a Tourism/Hotel/Hospitality fair.  We had a very long discussion about the benefits of refillable bottles (and environmental uses).  But representative did admit that this was not the healthiest and safest method for all.  There was no way to control someone removing the spout and contaminating to fluid.  There was no way to assure that the contents were "fresh" since bottles would be refilled from the top over left over/old products.  Sure....the pump takes from the bottom.  There were many other reasons that were discussed that convinced me that refillable bottles are not for me.  So I just bring my own.  I'm not in the mindset of removing the small bottles to take because "I paid for them".  My reasons for small bottles were strictly for personal hygiene.  

One hundred percent correct. In my past life, as a microbiologist, even stains used to dye bacteria get contaminated from topping up. And these are just sprayed onto glass slides, they are not touching hands, etc. that would allow the contents to become contaminated easily.  On top of that, a lot of these stains have antibacterial agents (iodine, crystal violet, methyline blue, etc.) in them and they can still eventually grow bacteria. Those bottles are topped up constantly. Have you ever had one that is not full? I've even seen the contamination in them. In one particular hotel the bottle was growing something that didn't like air - so the bottom part of the bottle was all hazy and the top part was clear. Just gross. I hate using them, but I do on occasion. I usually have my own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1