Hotel suggestions for Quebec?

Kitty Ellas Mom

I'm on the fence about whether or not to get a hotel for a night after disembarkation in Quebec on Sept 29.  This is Caribbean Princess from Brooklyn to 

Quebec.  I'm assuming that since the last port is Quebec with an overnight the chances of the ship not getting to Quebec in time to disembark on time are low.  This is my first cruise and I'm not sure how I'll handle disembarkation and getting to the airport, so I'm leaning towards getting a hotel and flying the next day.  Do you have any suggestions for a (mid range) hotel in Quebec?  Thanks.

A bit confused...Are you overnight in Quebec? if so aren't you able to stay onboard and disembark the next morning?

No reason to stress over disembarking and getting a taxi to the airport.

We sailed from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale but on RCI. 

Yes, we have an overnight in Quebec.  But my plan for my first cruise, when it was supposed to be an Alaska cruise, included an overnight after disembarkation just to avoid an awful travel day.  I am new to disembarkation and like the idea of having a buffer before my flight day, plus more time at the port.  I don't fly well.  Although in this case it seems like the hotel stay might be unnecessary.  My original first cruise has been rescheduled 3x b/c of covid, and the cruise itself changed a lot.

7 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

Yes, we have an overnight in Quebec.  But my plan for my first cruise, when it was supposed to be an Alaska cruise, included an overnight after disembarkation just to avoid an awful travel day.  I am new to disembarkation and like the idea of having a buffer before my flight day, plus more time at the port.  I don't fly well.  Although in this case it seems like the hotel stay might be unnecessary.  My original first cruise has been rescheduled 3x b/c of covid, and the cruise itself changed a lot.

I agree your hotel stay isn't necessary unless you want to spend more time in port but since you're overnighting there once your ship arrives go into town then head back to the ship.. Disembarking in Quebec is easy and lots of taxis will be lined up and it's a short drive to the airport. Just book your flight around noon and you'll be fine.

Of course this is all up to you but enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

• Like 1

Thanks all.  I'm finding myself leaning towards booking a hotel so that I won't stress about my first ever disembarkation.  Also, I hate flying, so having that extra time to unwind after disembarkation, before having to deal with the airport again, would be good for me.  

14 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I'm finding myself leaning towards booking a hotel so that I won't stress about my first ever disembarkation.  Also, I hate flying, so having that extra time to unwind after disembarkation, before having to deal with the airport again, would be good for me.  

Just going through the thread here-- if the ship is overnighting the day of arrival into Quebec the ship essentially is your floating hotel that night. The ship will be cleared by immigration upon arrival and at that point you can come and go from the ship as you please until the next morning. 

Disembarkation the next day will be a lot less hectic than usual as there will most likely be a steady stream of folks leaving from the very early hours to catch early flights-- it wont be bottlenecked into a few hours like a normal disembarkation is with the ship arriving only an hour or so before. 

By all means do whatever makes you feel comfortable here but if you don't want the hassle an expense of getting a hotel room you wouldn't need one-- the ship would essentially be your hotel. 

• Like 1