Confused about the automatic gratuities and tipping extra at specialty restaurants

I’ve been on a ton of cruises but don’t eat at the specialty restaurants that often. When we have done so, we have tipped extra, thinking that the automatic gratuities that are added daily to your account covers general staff and not the specialty restaurants. 

Am I reading other posts correctly? Is there a 18% gratuity already added to your specialty restaurant charge which is separate and apart from the automatic gratuities added daily to your account?   Does anyone know if that 18% tip goes to the restaurant staff or is it distributed to staff ship wide? 

if I’m already paying daily gratuities and on top of that another 18% at the specialty restaurant then I will adjust  the amount of cash tips accordingly. Unless the service is intentionally awful, I probably will still tip over the 18% but it’s good to know the baseline. Thanks

8 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Is there a 18% gratuity already added to your specialty restaurant charge which is separate and apart from the automatic gratuities added daily to your account?

Yes, perhaps it was not obvious, but you should see it when you buy the package.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, perhaps it was not obvious, but you should see it when you buy the package.

Thank you. I just booked one dinner at a specialty restaurant, not a dining package, and I guess I just didn’t catch it

4 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thank you. I just booked one dinner at a specialty restaurant, not a dining package, and I guess I just didn’t catch it

All dining packages, including the single venue ones, have the 18% added. 

• Thanks 2