Getaway - Microwave in buffet area?

suzequ

On 3/16/2023 at 3:11 PM, shof515 said:

Where can I make popcorn with no microwave?

Stay in the Haven and ask your butler to make it. 

I asked for popcorn one day in the Haven and it was a bag of microwave popcorn. 

For what it's worth, the cardboard water bottles make a great hot water bottle, as we discovered when my mom got covid on board. She was cold and I had to improvise so I took an empty, filled it with hot water, wrapped it in a towel and laid it on another towel beside her. Kept checking it for leaks.  Held strong, perfectly dry!

The next day I forgot it was in the bed and SAT on it. The seams gave a tiny bit with a tiny bit of leakage, but I have to say I was impressed at the sturdiness of it, even having held hot water. I thought for sure I would have popped it!

Can't vouch for every individual bottle's integrity, but it's definitely worth a try if you keep the proper precautions and put a towel under it in case of leaks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DaisyGoldberg said:

For what it's worth, the cardboard water bottles make a great hot water bottle, as we discovered when my mom got covid on board. She was cold and I had to improvise so I took an empty, filled it with hot water, wrapped it in a towel and laid it on another towel beside her. Kept checking it for leaks.  Held strong, perfectly dry!

The next day I forgot it was in the bed and SAT on it. The seams gave a tiny bit with a tiny bit of leakage, but I have to say I was impressed at the sturdiness of it, even having held hot water. I thought for sure I would have popped it!

Can't vouch for every individual bottle's integrity, but it's definitely worth a try if you keep the proper precautions and put a towel under it in case of leaks. 

Great suggestion (brilliant thinking)!  Thank you!!!

23 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Did 'ya kinda look at the post right before yours where I showed you a picture of a microwave in the kitchen area of a restaurant on an NCL ship?

I saw it.  But it was irrelevant to the discussion I was having which was related to posts that appeared before your picture.

• 10 months later...
On 3/16/2023 at 10:01 AM, PTC DAWG said:

Imagine the things folks would put in a microwave at the buffet on a cruise ship.  

And imagine being the person who has to clean it LOL

• Haha 1