Laundry Services

cfgrandma

7 hours ago, jeromep said:

The thought of doing laundry at a laundromat while on a cruise is not that desirable. 

Same. I send out laundry every day, and we’re on board for four to six weeks at a time.  I’ve had one damaged item (a pair of cheap linen trousers that probably didn’t like aggressive spotting) and literally hundreds of items that came back at least as nice as my local dry cleaner.  The one quirk I hate is that sometimes they fold the jeans like creased trousers (seams stacked), when I prefer mine to have the front pockets touching.  If that’s the biggest beef I have with my laundry service, life is good.  I also would like the option of having t-shirts pressed (they usually just hang them without hand finishing)

These aren’t Target specials either.  Our dress shirts and my t-shirts are made to measure.  Our formalwear and suits are, as well. So I’m trusting them with really nice fabrics from Canclini, Alumo, Loro Piana, Lanaficio Carlo Barbera, etc. (To those of you who know me IRL, just know it costs a lot of money to look this cheap, with apologies to Dolly Parton - I like nice things).  They’ve fixed minor issues and replaced buttons as well.  I feel very well taken care of. 

• Like 1

May I ask what’s the difference between laundry list and cleaning list? As Elite, is the same day service also complimentary? Do they return clothes folded if requested? I’m hoping not to do laundry when I return home from my trip so if I send laundry the day before disembarking, would I be able to get back in time to pack the next evening?

1 hour ago, jujuyu211 said:

May I ask what’s the difference between laundry list and cleaning list?

Cleaning is the current environmentally friendly way of doing what used to be "dry cleaning".

Laundry uses the washing machine and dryer.

As Elite, is the same day service also complimentary?

No.

I’m hoping not to do laundry when I return home from my trip so if I send laundry the day before disembarking, would I be able to get back in time to pack the next evening?

Unlikely unless you submit it before 9 AM and pay extra for same day service.

12 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

The one quirk I hate is that sometimes they fold the jeans like creased trousers (seams stacked), when I prefer mine to have the front pockets touching.

Gosh, that is exactly how I fold jeans at home.  It doesn't generally put a hard crease in them, but I stay consistent between how I fold slacks and jeans.

You do have rather expensive taste in clothing, and if you are willing to send them out to be cleaned, I'm sure that anything I own could be sent out to be washed without any concern.

12 hours ago, jujuyu211 said:

May I ask what’s the difference between laundry list and cleaning list?

The items listed as laundry don’t get hand-finished with pressing, aside from woven shirts like men’s dress shirts.  

17 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

The items listed as laundry don’t get hand-finished with pressing, aside from woven shirts like men’s dress shirts.  

I found that out recently and had to go to the laundry room to press my husbands shirts. Although they were clean, they didn't look all that great.