When to add Infant onto Booking?

Currently have 3 rooms booked for Alaska 2023 sailing. Since we have booked, one room now has infant that will be about 10 months old at time of sailing.

They are not added on yet. Final payment is coming in June.

My questions revolves around we are booked under a special travel agent rate for double occupancy rooms. I know of course the most common path would be we call to add child on and we pay. I believe it would be at least the taxes and port fees for child as 3rd guest. but because under 2, they can keep same 2 person occupancy room room.

However, I can't recall exact details of where heard/read this, but it was something about if we wait till after final payment. We can just make name change and there is now no fee? Which doesn't seem to make sense to me. Might have also had to do with that we have a solo traveller in room 3. so could add extra person to that room and maybe it was then after final payment move them?

Anyone know of this?

Edited by Gerbilicous

13 minutes ago, Gerbilicous said:

Currently have 3 rooms booked for Alaska 2023 sailing. Since we have booked, one room now has infant that will be about 10 months old at time of sailing.

My questions revolves around we are booked under a special travel agent rate for double occupancy rooms. I know of course the most common path would be we call to add child on and we pay. I believe it would be at least the taxes and port fees for child as 3rd guest. but because under 2, they can keep same 2 person occupancy room room.

However, I can't recall exact details of where heard/read this, but it was something about if we wait till after final payment. We can just make name change and there is now no fee? Which doesn't seem to make sense to me. Might have also had to do with that we have a solo traveller in room 3. so could add extra person to that room and maybe it was then after final payment move them?

Anyone know of this?

Have the TA find out how and when to do it as it affects the rate that they got from RCI

30 minutes ago, Gerbilicous said:

Anyone know of this?

You are going to have to talk to the TA about all of this as they know what rate was booked and its restrictions.  There is a kids sail free sale going on right now that might allow you to book for just taxes and fees.  You also say you have a solo, you could look to add the baby to that cabin but have them sleep in the parents cabin.  You are going to have to talk to the TA to find out which is the cheapest route to go.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You are going to have to talk to the TA about all of this as they know what rate was booked and its restrictions.  There is a kids sail free sale going on right now that might allow you to book for just taxes and fees.  You also say you have a solo, you could look to add the baby to that cabin but have them sleep in the parents cabin.  You are going to have to talk to the TA to find out which is the cheapest route to go.

Thanks. The adding to solo room is backup or what was planning. But if there was way to add to actual room with parents and it didn't change anything, figured would try that.

And thanks for info. Was just trying to see if could find out what to maybe ask or tell them in regards to it.

You should do this tomorrow.

There are lifeboat occupancy restrictions that believe it or not will not allow an infant to be added to that room.
You definitely need to take care of this sooner than later.