Seattle hotels

noblewoman

We found that staying in town was better than near the airport.  The airport is a long way out and not a very pleasant area.   There are private shuttles but no port shuttle so you have to book your own.  Ours was nearly 2 hours late and when we got to the cruise terminal the queues were enormous. 

What's your budget? That will help us point you in the right direction. Very few, if any, have free shuttles to Pier 91. An Uber/Lyft or having the hotel calling you a cab is the best bet. 

Favorite budget airport hotel- Four Points Sheraton SeaTac

Favorite mid tier downtown- Hilton Garden Inn, South Lake Union

Favorite splurge- Lotte Hotel Seattle 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, noblewoman said:

Will be going on an Alaskan cruise  from Pier 91 on the Luminosa. Where is best to stay? and do they have a free shuttle?

"Best" is different things for different people. A LOT more information would be helpful.

What time are you arriving the day bsfore the cruise? Do you have plans to see anything in Seattle? What is your budget for the night? How many people?

I would almost always go into Seattle and stay in Downtown so I could walk to Pike Place Market and good dining.

The exception might be if my flight was landing after 6PM. By the time I was ready to leave the airport, I am not sure it would be worth going into Seattle. I'd pick a hotel I like near the airport.

1 hour ago, Gsel said:

We left hotels up to our TA. She booked us at the Alexis hotel at a excellent price months ago. Anyone have a opinion about this hotel?

I stayed there a few years ago when it was a Kimpton hotel.  I really liked the place.  Kimpton took the bones of a great old building and made a cool hotel.  It's an easy walk down to the Pike Place Market, down to the wharf.  Professional and friendly staff.  I would definitely stay there again.

1 hour ago, Gsel said:

She booked us at the Alexis hotel at a excellent price months ago. Anyone have a opinion about this hotel?

Its a nice hotel in a good location. The last time I stayed there it was managed by Kimpton (Maya Angelou yelled at me for talking on my cell phone in the lobby!) so not sure if much has changed since Royal Sonesta took over but I imagine its still as nice as I remember it. It's not my favorite hotel in town but its a very solid choice for someone who wants something that's upscale and boutique. 

You can walk to a bunch of things like Pike Place Market. Its a little close to Pioneer Square for my liking (not my favorite part of town) but you still have a few blocks of buffer between you. 

20 hours ago, Gsel said:

We left hotels up to our TA. She booked us at the Alexis hotel at a excellent price months ago. Anyone have a opinion about this hotel?

Great hotel, nice location. I too stayed there in its Kimpton Days.